Shoulder1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
May 26, 2020  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: Non union after 6 months GRRRR
Created On: 01/07/2006 10:45 AM

12/08/2014 02:47 PM

Author Icon
angelrobert

<p> I suggest you to instantly consult with your [url=http://orthopedicsurgerysandiego.com/]orthopedic surgeon[/url]. </p>
 01/25/2007 11:07 AM

Author Icon
hollynicholls23

Well I fractured my clavicle in 2003, and had the same problem, non-union for over 6 months, so they decided to perform surgery. Well now in 2007 I have full blown arthritis, and possibly neuropathy. There is a lot pain still and the arthritis meds dont help. I'm not one for taking narcotics so I have just had to learn how to cope. Day to day the pain is manageable, every two weeks or so it gets really bad. I tried talking to doctors but they are not much help. I'm considered an otherwise healthy 24 yr old so they pretty much ignore me.
As far as a plate. It did work for me, in terms of having the fracture heal. But you will have to take it really easy for a year, maybe more as it was in my case. Plates do have a high incidence of breaking too so be prepared for that.
Wish you the best.
Holly
 01/11/2006 03:22 PM

Author Icon
Hammer450r

TTT
 01/07/2006 10:45 AM

Author Icon
Hammer450r

Broke my clavical 6 months ago and was just told last night by a Dr that i was still non union. After reading all the horror stories on here, should i opt for getting a plate and is there anything i should know?

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2020 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.