Shoulder1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
August 12, 2020  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: Ream and Run surgery next week
Created On: 09/04/2014 04:43 PM

06/23/2016 11:50 PM

Author Icon
APB

<p>&#160;Hi Goga, &#160;am wondering how your shoulder procedure went? And how's recovery. I hope it's going well! &#160;APB</p>
 06/06/2016 12:26 AM

Author Icon
APB

<p>&#160;Things are improving! &#160;Started PT. lucked out and the PT that I am using has one of there staff member 8 months post op and is back to work and is doing fantastic(it was a total shoulder replacement , but still all the same PT and stretching. Have been quite sore after the PT session but know I am getting better. Thanks for all your advice and positivity! I am Greatful! &#160;Keep in touch</p>
 06/01/2016 11:29 PM

Author Icon
APB

<p>&#160;New to the forum. Am 7 weeks post ream and run from Dr Matsen at UW. How is your recovery going? &#160;I still am experiencing tissue and muscle pain, the joint itself seem to be great and ROM is at 150 degrees plus.&#160;</p>
 05/21/2016 12:46 AM

Author Icon
APB

<p>&#160;If it makes you feel any better Goga I have not used a therapist yet. Just following DRS orders. best of luck to you!</p>
 05/21/2016 12:43 AM

Author Icon
APB

<p>&#160;Thanks for the kind words. I am very happy that you and the other ream and run people are here visiting about all this. Makes me comfortable that what I am experiencing is more or less normal. keep the communication flowing! It sure helps! &#160;</p>
 05/20/2016 02:09 PM

Author Icon
gogatech

<p>&#160;I see there is activity again in the forum. Watching closely your recovery and progress. I try to do without therapist, since I am travelling to Fairbanks with my family after surgery to visit my inlaws. Hope I can do without help, otherwise I need to find somebody up there. Couple more weeks and it&#180;s my turn. Best luck to everybody, let&#180;s stay in touch.</p>
 05/20/2016 11:06 AM

Author Icon
APB

<p>&#160;Thanks Ebuck! &#160;I see Matsen next week for my six week exam and finally found a PT in Moses Lake that has shoulder replacement experience. Following the Drs instructions fully and shoulder is feeling ok most days and then for no apparent reason then a rough day. &#160;Looking forward to getting back to work, I'm a farmer this time of year so I will have to take it pretty easy, &#160;thanks for all your advise and continued improvement. APB</p>
 05/18/2016 12:04 AM

Author Icon
APB

<p>&#160;Thanks a million for your experience! It's amazing how all of these sources of pain become evident at different times along the way! &#160;I am walking a couple of miles a day now and something as simple as walking makes my neck ache like crazy! &#160;But I am feeling better and wouldn't change a thing! &#160;Feeling blessed to have found Dr Matsen and his wonderful team. Thank you!</p>
 05/07/2016 07:22 PM

Author Icon
APB

<p>&#160;I am almost 4 weeks now and I have great rom, however the muscle pain is what gets me! &#160;Do you remember how long the muscle pain persisted? &#160;Thanks in advance! &#160;APB</p>
 05/07/2016 04:07 PM

Author Icon
APB

<p>Hello</p>
<p>i just had a ream and run from dr Matsen on April 12th. What a top notch operation! &#160;everyone is so helpful and positive! &#160;I wish you luck! and if you need any feedback let me know, my recovery is going well, and ROM is right where it needs to be. &#160;I am currently not going to physical therapy as I live 3 hours from Seattle but I am considering using a local therapist soon. &#160;The exercises and stretching that they give us to perform are critical and I am seeing improvement daily. Anyway, I hope all goes well!&#160;</p>

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2020 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.