Shoulder1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
May 25, 2020  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: SLAP Lesion ROM pain 4 years later
Created On: 09/10/2016 12:16 AM

10/18/2016 10:46 PM

Author Icon
fitzjohn

<p>Thanks Michael. I had a physical yesterday and to be honest I forgot to even mention it. Goes to show this is not too big a deal for me. It loosens up during the day when I'm moving around to where I don't notice it at all.</p>
 09/25/2016 05:00 PM

Author Icon
Michael14668

<p>No, it's not normal. Could be a lot of things, but I'd start by seeing a shoulder doc for more discussions.&#160;</p>
<p>To give you an idea, it could be as simple as scar tissue or as complex as arthritis. &#160;Sometimes they release the bicep tendon, too &#160;(don't worry John Elway played most of his professional career this way in his throwing shoulder).</p>
<p>Don't worry about it, go see your doc for his/her opinion.</p>
<p>&#160;</p>
 09/10/2016 12:16 AM

Author Icon
fitzjohn

<p>A brief description of me: first post here, male, married, age 56, overall good health, correct weight, non-athlete. I do not recall a specific injury that caused a labral tear in my left shoulder, but it might have been a fall out of a golf cart in the early '00's that was forceful enough to give me a concussion. After years of compensating and because I was nearing the age of retirement, I decided to check with the docs. A tear was confirmed and I had arthro SLAP Lesion surgery in the summer of '12.</p>
<p>&#160;</p>
<p>I went through the p/t religiously, no cheating less than or beyond their recommendations. Afterward, I knew it would take a while to fully heal but I had a suspicion that it was all for nothing. ROM pain was still there just as before surgery. I was able to sleep on my left side, and that was something I hadn't done in years but I thought that was about all the benefit I would ever get.&#160;Oh well, an expensive and painful lesson learned... or so I thought. I ended up taking a job in a warehouse after I retired. It wasn't until during a few weeks of unloading/reloading/lifting/shuffling several tons worth of books in 30lb average boxes in late summer '15 that I noticed my shoulder truly felt GOOD. Those activities for this year have just about finished. Between these times my shoulder didn't hurt, it just didn't feel as good as when moving the boxes of books (yet better than before surgery, which leads me to think a gym membership might be very good for me).</p>
<p>&#160;</p>
<p>My question is about lingering range of motion pain I still have. Laying on my right side before I go to sleep, I "windmill" my left arm to keep my shoulder loose. When it is rotated fully straight up from my side and about 15-20 degrees from horizontal over my shoulder, I get a pain in my top left shoulder that seems to go down a few inches into my arm. Not really a sharp pain, but similar to the kind that I had before the surgery. I don't get this pain when putting my arm in the same position standing up, so gravity acting on my arm & shoulder when laying down seems to play a part. And it clicks and pops loudly all the time.&#160;Is the lingering ROM pain normal?</p>

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2020 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.