Shoulder1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
May 25, 2020  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: Labral and Rotator cuff full tear
Created On: 06/02/2015 02:33 AM

11/19/2015 05:57 AM

Author Icon
jeff55

<p>&#160;Hey Thomas,</p>
<p>&#160;</p>
<p>Yes it has been over 5 months now since surgery and at 3 weeks I started swiming, could not even dog padle at first but then I kept at it, 8 weeks was doing the crawl swim. Surgeon said I was recovering at twice the expected rate I swim every day and all seems well but still discomfort but they did say 1 full year for recovery. I feel as if I could play baseball now but not going to push it that far. The newer anti inflamatory meds and the recirculating ice water played a big role in the early stages. Previous RC only surgery was much harder and nothing as severe so things are progressing big time</p>
 11/19/2015 03:13 AM

Author Icon
thomasanderson

<p>Don&#8217;t worry jeff55, you will be fine soon. Just follow the post-operative instructions given by your doctor for faster recovery.</p>
<p>&#160;</p>
 06/19/2015 07:46 PM

Author Icon
jeff55

<p>&#160;Well two weeks out past surgery and doing great. Not sure how many anchors and connectors were installed but the biceps were also hanging by a thread. Supraspinatus was able to be fished back and attached and the labrum was anchored down. Pain was minimal, PT is going well and as soon as i can get in a warm pool and spend a few hrs a day all the better. Having RC surgery on the other shoulder prepared me for the worst but piece of cake now...but only time will tell the true results</p>
 06/03/2015 02:01 PM

Author Icon
jeff55

<p>&#160;I got the procedure list. Subacromial Decompression, Distal Clavicle excision, Bankart repair and Rotator cuff repair. Anybody ever have all these done at once? Gonna be a huring unit in 24 hrs but better than dislocating my shoulder turning over in bed</p>
 06/02/2015 02:33 AM

Author Icon
jeff55

<p>&#160;Going in for surgery in a few days and the surgeon said I have the Labral tear all the way around and the Supraspinatus tendon is fully torn most likley to an older injury and has receded maybe 3 inches by the looks from what I saw in the MRI Arthrogram. The Infraspinatus is mostly torn also and from the MRI I was told that the socket on the bottom part had fractured and was not visible in an Xray. Now I have had a rotator cuff repaired on the other shoulder, complete tear and I know it is not a fun thing but this has me a bit worried. Surgeon will do arthoscopically and said at least 10 anchor points will be needed, only had one before on other shoulder. Also it was mentioned that a shoulder replacement will be in order someday...</p>
<p>The previous shoulder I had maybe 2-3 weeks of therapy and thats all they would do. I started doing some pool work, stretching and slowly moving it ever so gently and I healed fairly quickly, doc said was amazing. Now for all this other stuff and a receded tendon I would think that the PT and stretching will be very painful. Any advice on having both the RC and labral tear and recovery efforts? I have a feeling I will not get many sessions for therapy and do not want to take any risk of tearing out what they fix. I am glad to be getting it done but just so worried about the outcome and possible extended recovery time and pain</p>

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2020 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.