Shoulder1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
May 25, 2020  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: possible emergency?
Created On: 08/11/2013 08:16 AM

06/29/2015 09:00 AM

Author Icon
thomasanderson

<p>Yes, I would also suggest you visit the doc and get yourself checked. You must have slept wrong way.</p>
 10/18/2013 11:30 AM

Author Icon
FullROM50

I would definitely go back to the surgeon. He can perhaps do an ultrasound to see what's going on. He may order an MRI. I would not wait. FullROM50
 08/11/2013 08:16 AM

Author Icon
karlthomas3

So I had surgury to repair a slap tear back on the 19th. When I woke up this morning I hear a very distinct popping noise from the shoulder. It sounded just like any time any other joint might pop and there was no pain so after a moment of concern I brushed it of and went about my day. Throughout the day I noticed a slight stinging/aching/burning in my shoulder but now going on 15 hours later I'm noticing that my upper arm/lower shoulder is a bit swollen and very hot to the touch. The top of my shoulder feels cool as does my forarm but my upper arm is quite hot.

Anyone have an idea whether this is something I need to be seriously concerned about? I'm a little freaked so I'm wondering if I should be going to the hospital or something.

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2020 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.