Shoulder1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
May 25, 2020  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: subacromial decompression and distal clavical excision
Created On: 04/22/2010 10:16 AM

07/12/2012 03:31 AM

Author Icon
Jeniffer

quote:

Originally posted by: cpd152[br]Well its been 1 year since my surgery and I still have alot of weakness in my shoulder. I'm getting a little worried that I rushed to judgement to have the surgery. Any advice would be appreciated
[br][br]Have you consulted doctor then? [br][br][br]----------------------------------------[br][url=http://www.zehrcenter.com/foundations/]Best Orthopedic Surgeons[/url]
 06/28/2011 09:45 AM

Author Icon
cpd152

Well its been 1 year since my surgery and I still have alot of weakness in my shoulder. I'm getting a little worried that I rushed to judgement to have the surgery. Any advice would be appreciated
 05/23/2010 08:26 PM

Author Icon
horsediva

[p]I am having 5 mm of bone taken off. Hopefully I will be good to go after 3 months to conduct my bands again. Thanks for the encouragement. [/p]
 05/20/2010 11:22 AM

Author Icon
cpd152

[p]I'm 4 wks post-op and it seems to be getting better. I have three quarters of my range of motion back but no strength. It was a painful after surgery for about a week, then it started to decrease. If you tried all the conservative therapies first, then yes I recommend the surgery. Also if you do have the surgery if will feel a little weird at first until the scar tissue grows in. My physical therapist says total time for the injury to be 100% is about a year, but it depends how much bone they have to take off. He said you can return to work activities if its physical in 6 to 9 mos. I had about a pinkie size of bone taken out because I had alot of trauma and bone spurs. I hope this helps horsediva.[/p]
 05/17/2010 06:37 PM

Author Icon
nursing1

[p]Horsediva:[/p][br][p]I have also had the same surgery as you are facing. Realize not all surgeries end badly. Pay attention to what your OS tells you to do and not to do. With no repair, you can be out of the sling asap. PT can begin when OS gives the order. Try not to do too much too fast and you should be fine.[/p][br][p]Good luck, Carol[/p]
 05/16/2010 08:21 AM

Author Icon
swank

[p]You should be fine to return to work in three months time. If there is no other repair work done on your shoulder you'll probably be back to normal within a month. I've been back to swimming in less time.[/p]
 05/15/2010 04:34 PM

Author Icon
horsediva

[p]Also, if I go through with this what can I expect? I was hoping to return to work in September with full use of my shoulder. As I read this I am thinking that that is not going to happen. Any help and advise would be awesome. I am VERY concerned about this. [/p]
 05/15/2010 04:32 PM

Author Icon
horsediva

[p]I am scheduled for a shoulder decompression/distal clavicle exercion in June. I have read so many things on here with everyone that has had trouble. I am a high school band didrector and can't retire for 18 years. I am very concerned that I will have an unstable clavicle, among other things. Is it really worth the risk of going through with this surgery? I have tried everything, cortison, therapy, ice, etc. Should I just live with it?[/p]
 04/23/2010 07:38 AM

Author Icon
swank

[p]Yes, of course it's normal. It's only been two days after all. In my experience, the pain is worse the second day.[/p]
 04/22/2010 10:16 AM

Author Icon
cpd152

[p]I had my second shoulder surgery 2 days ago, my second subacromial decompression and a distal clavical resection. I'm in a lot pain today and my shoulder feels loose. Is this normal? Any help would be appreciated.[/p]

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2020 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.