< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Can't raise my arm
Created On: 09/08/2017 04:12 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

09/09/2017 12:54 PM

Author Icon
ghoward705

I had a regular total shoulder replacement of my right shoulder 7 months ago. I still can't lift my arm in front of me. I can raise it some behind me. I have almost full range of motion using rubber bands and a pulley, I just can't lift my arm. Any ideas  what could cause this? I will have a revision of the shoulder in two weeks. The surgeon says that the ends of the replacement can be swapped and I may have limited range of motion after that. Of course that will be a big improvement over my current condition. I notice that some people have had trouble with their reverse shoulder replacement.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 09/08/2017 04:12 PM

Author Icon
ghoward705

7 months after a normal shoulder replacement I still cannot raise my right arm. The surgeon has me scheduled for the reverse shoulder replacement in two weeks. The original surgery was for pain. I had cortisone shots in the previous year but they were less and less effective and I eventually chose to have the replacement surgery. I can't figure out what went wrong that is keeping me from lifting my arm forward. I can raise my arm behind me. I have no pain and I have full range of motion using pulleys and rubber bands. My shoulder was sore after surgery and would ache where I had rotator cuff surgery to repair a tear. The replacement surgery cut the rotator cuff just about where the tear and subsequent repair were. That soreness has faded. What went wrong?

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.