Shoulder1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
August 11, 2020  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: SAD and excision of Clavicle - post surgery
Created On: 10/30/2009 07:37 AM

10/31/2009 07:03 AM

Author Icon
swank

I agree with Michael, you need to check with your doctor. He should have given you instructions regarding this. In my experience, I have always been told to do what's the most comfortable. If I take it out of the sling and it hurts then put it back in. Keep it in if I'm in a crowd of people or need to protect it for whatever reason. I was never given any kind of time limit. It was all subject to my comfort level.

If my surgery involved a repair, like a rotator cuff repair, then it was at least six weeks in the sling, period.
 10/30/2009 08:01 AM

Author Icon
Michael14668

I would call your surgeon's office and speak to either their nurse or Physician's Assistant to ask them. They are the only ones with the true details of your surgery and your surgeon's guidelines for your case.
 10/30/2009 07:37 AM

Author Icon
purdyp

Hi - I was wondering how long is average before you should start looking at disregarding your sling after an arthroscopic SAD and excision of clav. I only had it on for 3 days post op and since then only when I go out. I am now 7days post op and although i have been doing really well I am in alot of pain today, nothing wrong I'm sure but want to try and do without the sling when I go out. I start physio on Tuesday and back to see surgeon on Thursday next week.....obviously not wanting to go back to see him still in a sling! How long have people who have had similar procedure done been reliant on a sling as I don't want it hindering my recovery, but at the same time don't want to do more harm than good? Thanks

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2020 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.