Shoulder1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
May 25, 2020  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: Frozen shoulder to Labrum tear
Created On: 10/27/2013 09:14 PM

04/25/2015 12:56 AM

Author Icon
thomasanderson

<p>I had this [url=http://www.shoulderpainirving.com/]rotator cuff surgery[/url] 3 years back. I must say that I am perfectly fine now without any major pain.</p>
 03/23/2015 03:47 PM

Author Icon
angelrobert

<p>&#160;I personally recommend you to do some exercise but before doing this first consult your physician or [url=http://orthopedicsurgerysandiego.com/]orthopedic surgeon[/url] or watever.</p>
 11/18/2013 11:37 PM

Author Icon
Curveappeal

<p>Instead of using a heating bad, why not consider trying blood flow stimulation therapy.</p>
<p>It's electromagnetic therapy that you can do at home using a shoulder wrap. It does generate a bit of heat which feels great, but it is designed to increase the blood flow to your injured shoulder while it is at rest in an effort to heal it.</p>
<p>Our bodies need healthy rich blood in order for it to heal injuries naturally. BFST (blood flow stimulation therapy) speeds this process up significantly.</p>
<p>Good luck!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>[url=http://www.kingbrand.com/Rotator_Cuff_Treatment.php?REF=47PV5]http://www.kingbrand.com/Rotator_Cuff_Treatment.php?REF=47PV5[/url]</p>
 10/29/2013 06:32 PM

Author Icon
misty3

I was hoping someone would chime in. You might be able to look up my history, but i am in my 50s and have been through it all in the past 4 years. I can say that having a mri with contrast is no big deal. Well, i had a ct/ arthrogram with contrast and it is nowhere near as painful as the injury i suffered daily. In my opinion, saying it would be too painful is a crock. They do not want to run up costs .

i started with an injury to the rotator cuff, labrum and humeral head, went through six surgeries including cuff repair, hemiarthroplasty, total shoulder and reverse shoulder replacement within 3 years. I am on disability and restricted from all my previous activity, not happy to say the least. But I do know the issues, protocol, and processes!
 10/27/2013 09:14 PM

Author Icon
bolduc419

I am a 54 year old active female. Late August, I pulled on a heavy door using a lot of strength (door sticks at times) and the door was locked. I immediately felt a burning sensation in the front and backside of my shoulder. I had moderate pain and started taking advil and icing it daily. Within a few weeks, I could not even sleep on the injured side anymore. I waited another few weeks and finally went to our local walk-in medical center. Only able to see an RN who never even picked up my arm or checked my ROM, just asked me what my symptoms were - said she would start me on 600 mg of ibuprofen and ordered an X-ray and PT for a "frozen shoulder".

It took 5 days to get the results of the X-rays - which only showed nothing broken, beginning orthoarthritis and a small bone spur. I went to PT 5 times and seemed to be getting more ROM on limited direction. On the 6th trip to PT, they had me do an exercise involving using a towel to pull the injured arm up behind my back. I thought I would pass out the pain was immediate and intense. I then started having spasms and shooting pains starting in the shoulder area and radiating all the way down to my hand & fingers, along with some numbness. Forget sleeping. The pain is much worse at night - no matter how I laId or what I did.

I decided to go see the orthopedic surgeon who I saw for my broken ankle 2 years ago. He examined my shoulder (to the point of tears) in various positions and stated he thought it was a torn Labrum. He did an autrasound and the rotators cuff looked good. Did have quite a bit of fluid in areas I shouldn't. He then numbed me up and injected cortisone. Then gave a huge amount of scripts, for pain, muscle relaxer, anti-inflammatory, anti-itch (I get that from pain meds) and now tramadol. The only exercises he wants me to do is using my arm as much as possible with out causing pain and using my pulley and getting in the pool moving it around - again, NOT to the point of pain. I am still using ice and heat, now have started sleeping with a heating pad and it is helping to get a few hours sleep.

I will be going back for the MRI with contrast the week on November 11. He did not want to do it when I first saw him because he said I was in too much pain and it's not a fun thing to have done. My husband had the rotator cuff done 17 years ago and I still remember how much pain he was in. He's pretty tough too - being a Triathlete. I am not looking forward to a shoulder surgery but if that is what I need to get my life back a- somewhat pain free - that is what I will do.

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2020 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.