I've really messed up my right shoulder from falls from gymnastics, and also a traumatic injury that involved a good 15+ foot fall where I broke my clavical and suffered multiple separations (clavicular dislocations at both ends of the clavicle, as well as a dislocated shoulder, though this was not the first time the shoulder dislocated). Ever since the traumatic fall, my right shoulder continued to chronically dislocate. I did my fair share of cortisone injections, even had more injections than you are supposed to in a year. Finally, my orthopedic surgeon suggested surgery. We couldn't get an MRI since I have to practically be put to sleep for those, but based on symptoms and how loose the shoulder felt he was confident there was something going on that could be repaired surgically. He ended up doing an arthroscopic bankart surgery.[br][br]The surgery was about two months ago, in mid-November. I quickly regained full range of motion in my shoulder and already have been working on the strengthening exercises in PT. Yesterday, I was playing some football in the snow with friends- nothing too rough, just flag football, and I was catching and throwing with my left arm to protect my right shoulder. This didn't hurt me at all, so I figured if there wasn't pain it was fine, and it was gentle flag football- more throwing a ball around than anything else. As I was running with the ball, I slipped and fell in the snow, tried to break my fall with my hand (which was stupid, I know), and went heels over head and landed on my shoulder. The shoulder dislocated, luckily I have some friends that are doctors so I had one of them reduce the dislocation so that I didn't have to wait two hours in the ER. I figured they are a doctor, so having them reduce it was as good (if not better, since I didn't have the wait) as going to the ER. But it is chronically hurting even now- it's a different type of pain than when it was dislocated, more achy, but chronically achy and really intense.[br][br]Is this something I need to go back to see the surgeon for? I called to have him paged yesterday, he wasn't available but another doctor from his office called me back and told me to keep it in the sling, which I have been doing. I forgot to ask him for how long I should keep it in the sling though. Does the new dislocation mean there is the potential for them having to do surgery on it again? Is there anything I can do to reduce the odds of a second surgery?