Shoulder1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
March 04, 2021  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: Trouble flexing 6 months after ACL/PCL reconstruction
Created On: 02/06/2002 01:33 AM

07/15/2004 02:01 PM

Author Icon
Leav1523

Hi I'm 15 years old and have had two ACL reconstructions in the apst 2 years. After my first reconstruction I couldn't crouch down like noraml it would hurt to much, but after about a year out of surgey I was finally able to do it no problem, but then I torn my other ACL so I was back to day 1. I wouldn't push it, when it is ready you will know. if you push it to hard or fast you could end up with more problems. I'm not an expert, but I do know how far I can push myself without doing more damage, so just don't go beyond your boby's limits. Thanks for listening hope everything works out for you.
 02/06/2002 01:33 AM

Author Icon
Enrique16136

I'm 29y/o and very active. I torn off my ACL, PCL, MCL and injured one meniscus on my left leg six months ago. I had arthroscopic surgery three weeks later and have been following up my rehab protocol. Doing pretty well, I think. I have beeen able to flex my knee to the point where my ankle touches my buttock. But that's only happened a couple of times. It usually stays 8 or 10 inches away before it starts to hurt, and then, warming up and forcing it a bit more it gets to an inch or so from my butt. My therapy mates have been able to flex earlier all the way, but they are all only ACL reconstructions. So my multiple injure has been treated more carefully by the doctors and the therapists. It took a long way to get here and I know my knee is functional for most activities. But my therapist has stopped forcing me to bend as I already went all the way once. She says that I should be able do do it all by myself now. However, I'd like to be able to flex it all the way, and crouch comfortably, the same way I do with my right knee and I fear that I may be losing valuable time if I don't do it with her help as early as right now. Is it too late for me to expect to be able to do so, as 5 months have already past since my surgery? Is it something I can gain gradually? (There's a lady taking therapy from an old injury that was not well rehabilitated and left her without the posibility to bend beyond 120 degrees). Am I putting the grafts in jeopardy (BTB allografts, titanium screws) by forcing the knee to flex in such a hurry? Any guidance will be much appreciated. Thank you, eas

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2021 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.