Shoulder1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
May 26, 2020  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: mal union clavicle
Created On: 05/21/2005 10:05 AM

10/07/2005 10:54 AM

Author Icon
shovelhead

I have the same thing.I am 49 and have a bone growth stimulator on.My doctor said the chance for malunion with the operation is risky due to nerve damage and there is a chance of malunion even with the surgery.I go back Oct.15 to see if I have any healing.
 05/21/2005 10:05 AM

Author Icon
perry151

Hello, I broke my collar bone 4 weeks ago skiing. The break was not perfectly aligned and overlapped. I was given a figure 8 brace and sent home. I was in alot of pain the first 2 1/2 weeks but it slowly subsided. I have some clicking and grinding sounds but no real discomfort. Just minor aches, especially in the morning or if I move it certain degrees. There is a visible difference in the length of each shoulder when I look in the mirror. Went to doctor today for xrays. I asked him about this and if there was any bone growth. He said that my bones overlap about 1 inch and he thinks he sees a little bone growth on the xray. He is recommending removing fig. 8 brace but not jarring around or lifting. Return in 3 weeks for xray. My question is...From what I tried to explain and from reading other posts of problems that people have had with malunions, I am wondering if I should stay the course as my doctor thinks--no surgery. I'm wondering if a shortened clavicle will give me problems. Although I am 47 I am very active (golfing, skiing, etc.). Any feedback would be helpful.

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2020 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.