Shoulder1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
May 26, 2020  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: broken clavicle
Created On: 05/21/2005 10:36 AM

12/08/2014 02:38 PM

Author Icon
angelrobert

<p> Recently my daughter had teh [url=http://orthopedicsurgerysandiego.com/]foot and ankle surgery[/url] but now she feels a lot of pain in her foot, Please suggets the solution if you can...</p>
 05/21/2005 10:36 AM

Author Icon
JOHNNYO

Thank You for the information. I have talked to Dr. Basamania. I am on my way. Why does this ridiculous problem continue ?? The amount of people suffering from shortened clavicles is profound...yet, there is this foolish notion that it has no effect. I have a collection of people from around the country, and the same story over and over....people become disabled, with complications from shortened and crooked clavicles....yet, inexperienced providers want to prove that it will "heal just fine with a sling"....Yes, it may heal, but if it heals crooked, and shorter, it can ead to serious disabling complications, such as compressing blood vessels, compressing nerves, shoulder dysfunction, and ongoing complications. There are old studies that say "clavicle fractures heal fine when treated conservatively"....the problem with those studies, is that doctors want to apply that to ALL clavicle fractures, without assessing the possibility of complications. Those studies offer no remedy for the complications that can ensue. So why should they be applied to ALL clavicle fractures ??? If it is overlapping, severely angled, compressing nerves or blood vessels, wouldn't it make sense to have it "set" ? One person disabled as a result of a shortened clavicle told me - it is like Galileo - they locked him up for saying the Earth was round. It sounds like the same scenario for clavicle fractures. This malady needs to be addressed, as it could benefit a lot of person afflicted with this injury. Any person afflicted with this, I would love to hear your story. [email protected]

Author Icon
whitecoupe13

thank you very much you might have just saved my life now all i have to do is call up duke and get a price thank you very very much.....

Author Icon
quickpost

My 3-yr old son recently broke his left clavicle. In looking for suggestions on how to comfortably position him for sleep, I ran across your post, and the following article, which I hope may be of some help to you: http://dukemednews.duke.edu/global/print.php?id=2100.

Author Icon
JOHNNYO

I had a distal clavicle fracutre over 2 years ago. The bone healed crooked, and over an inch shorter - "L" shaped; shaped like a golf club. I have had a difficult time finding a doctor to understand how the shortened clavicle pulls my shoulder cockeyed - it keeps my scapula pulled crooked. It is affecting my neck and spine. My shoulder is stuck forward, from the collarbone being so much shorter. It affects my neck and spine. It is very easy to see how it is pulling my upper body crooked. There are medical studies that say shortening doesn't matter; I think that is a bunch of hogwash. The shorter the clavicle, the more the shoulder is going to be cockeyed. If shortening doesn't matter, then why do people with shorter clavicles complain of these symptoms, and go from doctor to doctor with the same frustration ? Those studies that say shortening doesn't matter are a bunch of hogwash. They take the patients input, and turn it into statistics, then generate output to prove whatever they want to prove. I guarantee that no orthopedic surgeon who produced those studies, has a shortened clavicle. The shorter the clavicle, the more it can pull your shoulder out of whack, affecting the neck and spine, and nerves and blood vessels; leading to numbness, tingling, lack of circulation, neck and spine problems. Is there anyone who has experienced this nightmare scenario ? Please contact me with your input and experiences. The more people we can get together with these experiences, the more likely this ridiculous notion can be banished, and we can help doctors open their eyes to this complication that is ruining lives. Please contact me with your experiences and thoughts. Thank You Johnny

Author Icon
whitecoupe13

well about 91/2 weeks ago i had a motorcycle accident. i broke my right clavicle in the middle and now ive been to 4 different doctors and they all tell me to wait they put me in this stupid sling and now 91/2 weeks later they tell me the bones are healing one on top of another ive been reading and thats bad i really dont know what to do it hurts usually and i can barely sleep please somone HELP ME PLEASE...

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2020 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.