< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Shoulder Pain After TSR
Created On: 07/23/2016 12:32 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

09/20/2016 10:12 AM

Author Icon
marycham

Hi - so glad to find this forum! I had a total shoulder done August 18th so I am about 6 weeks out. Good recovery so far but started PT yesterday where I had to do more of the work and boy am I sore! I had transitioned off all painkillers two weeks ago except Alleve once and a while...but back to the Vicodin last night. The surgeon had said basically the same...you THINK the pain is over by this time but now is when we are going to begin actively moving those new parts and setting off a lot of pain throughout your body. I am not looking forward to this next month or so of PT!

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 08/13/2016 10:26 AM

Author Icon
APB

i experienced much of the same symptoms. The pain will get better!  I am just 4 months post op and am doing pretty well. Back to work and very active. Don't be in a rush, it takes a long time to recover. I still have some pain, but seems to get better everyday! I found the stretches are far more important than the PT exercises because with the PT I always over did it. Good luck with your recovery!

07/23/2016 12:32 PM

Author Icon
zimbo21

I had TSR 6 weeks ago. For 5 weeks I went through PT and the results were very good. I achieved very good ROM and strength.  At the beginning of the 6th week I started noticing a consistant aching pain in my shoulder when I did certain movements. After a weeks of icing and less PT I'm still having the pain, sometimes worse. I'm wondering if I could have strained something or whether it could be an infection? Anyone else have something like this?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.