< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Advice on bras to wear post-surgery
Created On: 03/15/2015 03:08 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

05/21/2015 04:03 PM

Author Icon
32Go

Have you tried looking at "Woman Within"?  They have a catalog you can look at and have a variety of front hook bras.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 03/27/2015 06:07 PM

Author Icon
misty3

I had a reverse replacement after 5 previous failed surgeries, including two replacements.  I have zero internal rotation, so cannot reach behind at all, or past my side.  It makes life interesting with bathroom issues, much less putting on a bra.  I just clip and front and spin.

03/26/2015 05:41 PM

Author Icon
Sharron

I've had surgery on my right shoulder twice, the last being a rever replacement. I tried a strapless bra, but found it very uncomfortable. After a couple weeks, I was able to wear a regular bra, but had to have my husband hook it. The one thing I did have to do was go up a size in the band because the area under my arm was swollen. My surgery was 9 months ago and I'm just now getting back to the previous size. I might add that I had surgery twice for a broken right shoulder -- first in April of 2014, but it failed due to my scoliosis. The second surgery was a reverse replacement the end of June, 2015.

03/16/2015 07:06 AM

Author Icon
Fallingapart

I had TSR 6 weeks ago. I found a great strapless bra (I think at Target). I had to have my husband fasten it.  I also had a very soft bra from Walmart that I could step into. It didn't have much support, but I wore it around the house. You can even wear some regular bras and put the strap under your arm. The sling will cover a lot of you up. Don't forget to have button up or V neck, stretchy shirts. Good luck!  The first two weeks are rough, as are the first few PT visits, but I'm basically pain free now. 

03/15/2015 03:08 PM

Author Icon
Hanoi4me

I am scheduled for shoulder replacement suregry in about a month.  In thinking ahead, I realized that my incision will be right in the area where my bra strap falls.  If I could go braless for a couple of (few) weeks, that would be OK.  Unfortunately I am very well-endowed (F cup) and am not a pretty sight in public with no support.  I have looked high and low for a bra with front closure and straps that will not cover the incision (like a racerback type sports bra, none of which have front closures.)  I also visited our local specialty lingerie store and they couldn't come up with a solution.  The suggestions made by my doctor were options I had already explored.  Are there any women out there with useful advice?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.