< REFRESH >
Topic Title: new member with new shoulder
Created On: 02/01/2015 08:12 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

05/25/2015 07:47 AM

Author Icon
Fallingapart

I'm doing great and have been since about 6 weeks out. Almost full range of motion and other than a twinge now and then, no pain. PT was rough the first few weeks, but important. Next is my knee. I hope it's as successful as my shoulder!

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 05/25/2015 01:58 AM

Author Icon
thomasanderson

How are feeling now ? Did you consult your orthopedic surgeon or PT again?

-------------------------
OrthoTexas, Irving
 04/13/2015 03:35 PM

Author Icon
angelrobert

Ohh, Nice to hear that now you are all right and feeling less pain as the many other patients suffer from sever pain after having their surgery. May be it is because that your physicans are great as well as you are aslo taking exercise just after having surgery. 

02/01/2015 08:12 AM

Author Icon
Fallingapart

i just had a TSR less than 72 hours ago. Pretty painful, but no more than I anticipated. I was only given a weeks worth of the hard stuff (Oxicodone) so hopefully the major pain will be gone before then. Then I'll go back to Norco which I have a month worth. Only one night in the hospital. The nurse wanted me to stay another but I only slept less than 2 hours there. If I don't move it, the pain isn't too bad. But those Pendulums are murder and I have to do them 3 times a day.  I start formal PT in 2 days. I'm  sure that will be torture. The 2 things I was most worried about never happened. One was the bra situation.  I'm what you'd call well endowed. However at 59 they almost hit my toes without a bra. I found a front zip sport bra at Target that my husband helped me put on. I don't use the bra strap on my operated side because it would go right over the incision, but you can't really tell because of the sling. The other issue was being able to sleep in a bed. My recliner has the control on th same side I had operated. I got a wedge pillow for the bed and I'm able to sleep on my back. The pills make me really sleepy so I'm sure that helps. I'll try my first shower shortly with my husbands help. Hopefully he won't get too frisky, LOL. The nurse gave me waterproof pads to go over my bandage. I also got plain sling at a Thrift Store for $2 to use in the shower. I'll try to report back after PT. Sorry for the run on sentences, but I'm typing one handed on my IPad. 

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.