< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Shoulder narrower after TRSReplacement
Created On: 10/30/2013 12:37 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

11/15/2013 06:52 PM

Author Icon
misty3

Yes, i would agree. I am going for a nerve block next week. They "burn" the suprascapular nerve to hopefully provide some pain relief. The feeling does return eventually.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 11/15/2013 05:24 PM

Author Icon
Sioux6

Thank you very much, Misty3.

Guess I WILL have to live with it. Well - Looking forward and not backward.

Also, I really have no pain to speak of - very fortunate, I think.

Sioux6

11/06/2013 06:33 AM

Author Icon
misty3

I had three replacement surgeries, first partial, then total, then reverse, within months of one another. Since the incision was in the same place, they had to split the muscle in the front of the shoulder three times. It could not recover from that much injury. Plus I had three other surgeries before that. You probably had the reverse since your rotator cuff was not functioning. Mine was not either, so the surgeon had to cut what was left of the tendons, and then the muscles that were attached had nowhere to go, but scarred down. So, the shoulder looks like half a regular shoulder and everything is slipping off half the time!

hopefully you are doing well otherwise? Are you pain free?

11/05/2013 07:34 PM

Author Icon
Sioux6

Thanks, Misty3,

Guess I'll have to live with it - perhaps you could put some of those terms in "plainspeak?" I'm not much good with medicalese!

Sioux6

10/30/2013 05:11 PM

Author Icon
misty3

Yes, same thing with me, only I am 58 and on the small side too. The musculature in the front is atrophied and flattened so much so that the coracoid sticks out. No anterior deltoid. someone who saw me on a beach asked if i was bit by a shark. I don't care - that is the least of the problems associated with the shoulder!

10/30/2013 12:37 PM

Author Icon
Sioux6

I am 78 years old and very healthy and active. I had a Total Reverse Shulder Replacement in August of 2012, Frankly, the surgery and pain were minimal, and I thouroughly sympathize with you who've had the opposite experience. My complaint may seem to be very vain, but my Right shoulder (the one operated on) is now 1 inch narrower than the left one. 1 Inch makes a big difference when you're small, as I am - 5' tall, 128 Pounds). My clothes fall off my shoulders and my bra straps always show.

I know this sounds pretty petty, but I just need to know if this was to be expected??? It certainly was not addressed before the surgery.

Perhaps you will all find this a bit amusing, but to me it is particularly annoying.

Thanx to any of you who have comments.

Sincerrely,

Sioux6

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.