Topic Title: Snapping Scapula
Created On: 05/21/2005 09:33 AM

Pages: [ << 4 5 6 7 Previous ]
View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

05/21/2005 09:33 AM

Author Icon
obxrock

I also have a "snapping scapula". I am curious as to what your symptoms are from this? I have tried PT was made things worse as it activated every trigger point that I had in my shoulder blade. They told me that time and exercise should help. I do get trigger point injections which have helped some. Have had xrays, CT scan/bone scan and ultrasound and nothing was found. It's now been 2 1/2 years of pain and neuromuscular effects. I have gone to 3 Orthopedic Dr's-I just got home this afternoon from the 3rd and he recommended arthroscopy to go in and remove the bursa and scar tissue which has formed. He seemed fairly confident this would fix/help my problem? Has anyone had this porcedure done?
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Author Icon
srvlive90

Hi. I do not have winging scapula in which I believe your scapula protrudes outwardly. I only get the constant grinding of the scapula against the ribs, but man is it painful, even at rest. Let me know how your Dr. visit goes on the 25th, i'll let you know how mine goes as well...thanks, chris

Author Icon
teresa

Do you also have a winging scapula? I have this and am wondering if the 2 go together. They are telling me the only thing I can do is execise. I too am seeing another Dr.on the 25th.

Author Icon
srvlive90

Ive had this Snapping Scapula condition for 1 1/2 years. During this time I have had Physycal Therapy 3 times for a total of 5 months with a goal to strengthen the muscles in and around the scapula. None of these 3 therapy sessions have worked. In fact, My symptoms and pain have become worse. Also, In between therapys i've really rested my shoulder as not to traumatize the area further, to no avail. So, basically therapy and rest have failed me and i'm in constant pain even when it doesn't 'snap'. I have an appointment with another ortho doctor on November 25 of this year. I fear that I'll be at square one again If this doctor recomends therapy again and/or injections.(Which I failed to mention i've recieved 3 times in the scapula bursa to date). I've come to the conclusion that surgery is the only remedy as everything else has failed. Is there a way for me to convince this doctor to aggressively treat my condition? I've been off on workmans comp for 5 months now and can't take sitting at home in pain all day anymore!!! Thanks in advance...CHRIS

Author Icon
jamesyang

Hi, I recently got a Snapping Scapula Syndrome, and I was told all i could do is just rest and don't induce the snapping. Now...as a patient. I want to know more....eg. is this life long condition? how many % of ppl successfully fixes it. And most importantly, if I want to go to gym and work out...is it going to make the condition worse or better? Or rather..can I participate in any sports at all? hope some one could answer these Qs ...thank you in advance

Bookmark and Share

Pages: [ << 4 5 6 7 Previous ]
View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.