< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Multiple surgeries still in a lot of pain
Created On: 07/05/2012 12:57 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

01/19/2015 03:28 PM

Author Icon
angelrobert

I suggest you to try once this orthopedic surgeon, I guarantee that you will get the relief from all pain.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 07/07/2012 10:00 PM

Author Icon
jeffm5690

I understand your pain. I have had two RC repairs, Impingement Surgery, Clavicle Dissection and Two Bicep Tendosis done over three years. I am in agony. Found a great surgeon but it looks like I have to have the anchors removed, the groove derided, tenotomy done and then look at the shoulder again. It does not look like it will go well. It's amazing how the pain can completely turn your life upside down!

-------------------------
This is the signature
 07/05/2012 03:01 PM

Author Icon
Sardog

The bicep is anchored to the humerous now and I have quite a few anchors. I have no bursa, its bone on bone and every surgery after the first, I've grown bone spurs. I'm ready for a replacement at this point. Would that be so bad? Can't hurt worse than this, without going into shock.
 07/05/2012 02:08 PM

Author Icon
Michael14668

Did you ever have a bicep tendon tenotomy (cut it and let it flap)?

You do not need the long head of your bicep tendon and this will take pressure off of the labrum.

Also, an open Anterior Capsulolabral Reconstruction with bone tunnels instead of anchors would also help keep the labrum intact.

Speak to your surgeon and follow his advice, but what I gave you are what I know to be your last options before a replacement.
 07/05/2012 01:52 PM

Author Icon
Michael14668

Did you ever have a bicep tendon tenotomy (cut it and let it flap)?

You do not need the long head of your bicep tendon and this will take pressure off of the labrum.

Also, an open Anterior Capsulolabral Reconstruction with bone tunnels instead of anchors would also help keep the labrum intact.

Speak to your surgeon and follow his advice, but what I gave you are what I know to be your last options before a replacement.
 07/05/2012 01:02 PM

Author Icon
Sardog

Moderators, help! It posted four times. Please remove the duplicates.
 07/05/2012 12:57 PM

Author Icon
Sardog

In 2008 I was riding my motorcycle to work and a Suburban pulled out in front of me. While I managed to miss the vehicle I could not prevent high siding the bike and flipping end over. I fell at a speed of roughly 50 mph and tried to catch myself with my elbow extended forward. I was wearing full armored gear and my helmet, thank God, otherwise I don't think I would've survived. Upon impact my elbow pushed back and ripped everything causing my clavicle to protrude from the back of my shoulder. My backpack saved my spine from the rear foot peg that tore through three
layers of ballistic nylon and stopped in the folded towel inside of it. When I regained consciousness I quickly tried to crawl off the road, only to find that my arm was severely injured. When the paramedics removed my jacket my arm just fell lose inside of my skin. The shoulder was rebuilt using cadaver ligaments to replace the ones I destroyed and two were crossed across the clavicle and screwed in place to maintain structural integrity. After surgery I managed to get back to a full duty status, I'm active duty Coast Guard, and started driving the boats again. About a year later I tore my labrum while making an approach in heavy seas during a personell transfer. The labrum was repaired and again a full recovery was made. Another year later while disembarking a fishing vessel in a storm one of my team members pulled me to safety after the boat dropped out from a wave, but this retore the labrum and detached my bicep. The injuries were yet again repaired and I began the process of therapy and working towards full duty again. This May I was cleaning up at one of my properties and tripped on a rock tearing the labrum, rotator cuff and chipping a small piece of my scapula off. The surgeon removed the piece of bone and fixed the tears. Now I'm unable to gain controll of the pain with therapy or narcotics over a month out of surgery. I'm going to have a blood test later today to check for infection, but I'm at a loss. Any help or ideas are welcome.

FYI... I can not have MRIs due to a piece of metal in my eye socket behind my eyeball that can not be removed. CT scans are my only images short of X-rays

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.