< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Shoulder Injury
Created On: 12/16/2010 09:33 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

12/13/2014 03:10 PM

Author Icon
angelrobert

I suggest you to consult your orthopedic surgeon, may be he will suggest you the shoulder surgery.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 10/14/2012 10:57 AM

Author Icon
rik1

This is a new topic and I don't know how to start one so I am replying to this one. I injured my shoulder on July 28, 2012 and tried some physcial therapy on my own until October. My injury occurred while reaching out behind me to keep a pull cart from tumbling over while catching a ride up a hill on the back of a cart. Originally, I thought it was a deltoid strain. I golfed again on August 12 but had very little control of my shoulder and had subsequent pain in my elbow and shoulder during my follow through. I heard about the A.R.T. technique from an ironman competitor. She said that it wokred for her and many other competitors, so I am seeing a chiropractor and he is doing A.R.T (Active Release Technique) on my right shoulder. I had a labral tear and surgery on my left shoulder in 2011, so was afraid it was a labral tear. My chiropractor has all but ruled out a tear of the labrum and said I sustained a significant strain to my supraspinatus. I have had 4 A.R.T treatments thus far and I can tell there's been improvement. He said I'd probably need a few more treatments and then he will rehab me. Has anyone else gone through A.R.T. and what was your experience like?
 08/21/2012 08:54 AM

Author Icon
abraham12

I agree with what swank has to say on these. You need to talk with your surgeon regarding the surgery or opt for an alternate one.
 05/29/2012 01:27 AM

Author Icon
Jeniffer

I do think that you may need a shoulder joint replacement surgery to get off from pain from a renowned doctor.
 01/21/2012 11:11 AM

Author Icon
kingbrandboris

both of you take up this site, great product. spread the news, use this direct link. itll take you to the shoulder page.

Shoulder:
http://www.kingbrand.com/Shoulder_Injury_Treatment.php?REF=Boris1011
 12/17/2010 06:43 PM

Author Icon
swank

It sounds like the MRI has already told you what was wrong with your shoulder. You have tendinitis and a torn labrum. Both of those things will cause pain and the other symptoms you described. Cortisone injections don't always work. I've never had great luck with them. At most maybe a couple weeks relief and that's it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "The Orthopedic". Was that not an orthopedic surgeon? I'm guessing not since they are the experts and would not need to send you to an orthopedic surgeon for further evaluation. So I'm a little confused. At any rate, your choice seems to be wait for the surgeon to return or find another one. The likely outcome, if all else fails, is that they'll suggest arthroscopic surgery to repair the tear and anything else they find in there. Labrum tears don't heal on their own.
 12/16/2010 09:33 AM

Author Icon
shoulder4

3 months ago I fell directly on my shoulder. At first I thought it would just just heal on its own. Finally I had had enough and went in to see the doctor. The probelm I was having was my left shoulder would pop and click every once and awile and there would be some pain when I pushed against it while I was trying to lift the arm. Other than that strength was at about 90% and relatively pain free and full range of motion. The Orthopedic examined me and said he wanted me to get an MRI. So I got an MRI and it said I have tendanitis in my rotator cuff and a small tear in my labrum ( but the MRI didn't show how big the tear was) and some arthritus on my cartilage. He said the best option would be to get a cortisone shot and do phiscal therapy to stengthen it and then it should be fine and he said with the cortisone I should be painfree for a few months. He gave me the shot. For a few days the shot did nothing and I still felt the same things as before and the shoulder did the same things. Then on about the 4th day the pain in my shoulder started to get worse and worse and I was also having way way more popping and cracking then ever before and the shoulder it tighter. I mean alot now. everytime I rotate my arm it pops or when i lift it up. also there is pain just sitting still at desk or a chair. It has now been 9 days from the shot and it is still hurting and popping and clicking alot. I called the doctor back and he said he doesn't know what it wrong and he wants me to see the orthosurgen because he may have a better idea, but he is gone for 2.5 weeks for a vacation and there is no one else to see. Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on and why it got much worse after the shot and how I can get rid of the pain. I did nothing with my shoulder that would have maid it worse. I took it very easy and just sit at a desk. please help.

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.