< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Nerve Block problem after rotator cuff surgery
Created On: 05/21/2005 09:37 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

05/21/2005 09:37 AM

Author Icon
johnfdxmx

hello , i had rotator cuff surgery in april i had the nerve block done i had problems 1 week after the surgery and wasn't caught until 8 weeks post surgery , i had a emg done and comfirmed nerve damage due to the nerve block , the emg will tell everything , i'm still in pt still unable to get full motation of my arm and shoulder speaking with the doctors they tell me i should get full range back , i was put on nerition, a nerve med that made the differance , but i'm told this injury will take up to 1 year to recover . i hope this infomation help you , i'll be happy to answer any questions you have, i lived what you are going though and more..john
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 05/21/2005 09:37 AM

Author Icon
waddell555

I ihad rotator cuff surgery on May 20th. An hour before surgery I had a nerve block done supposedly to help me with after the surgery pain. Immediatley after I woke up (4Hr surgery - very bad tear) my righ hand was numb. My thumb, fore finger and the pad of my hand under my thumb remain numb today (Sept 13th). I have lost strength in that hand, I have lost a lot of the agility the hand had, I have trouble writing, buttoning buttons, ie., using my hand fully for day to day needs. I had an EMG test 2 days ago and while I have not gotten the results back yet I was told that indeed I have nerve damage. How normal is this? Is it permanent (now since may 20th)? What do I do about it other than sue! I am not happy about this as I am very right handed and used to be very active (gold, tennis, yard work etc) Please advise - offer advice waddell555@yahoo.com
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
©1999- 2014 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.