< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Pain and numbness after ORIF
Created On: 05/21/2005 10:35 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

05/21/2005 10:35 AM

Author Icon
[email protected]

Hi I had a ORIF and repair to the rotar cuff tendons in July 2004 a philos plate was fitted. I had a manipulation done in August 2004 as despite much work and motivation by myself and physio we did not achieve the desired range of movements. I have always experienced extreme tenderness at the top of the shoulder directly over the scar and numbness surrounding the scar on my arm (the scar has also becamone raised ovr the arm area and I am using the Circa care film. The arm has been discloured since the operation and I have to constantly move or rub it, It feels very tight at the top of the arm (almost like a constant tight grip. I call it my Frankinstein arm as it does not feel like it belongs to me and feels heavy. However in the last week my little finger ( I think you call it a pinky over the pond) and my ring finger have become numb. Is this all part of the healing process or is the hardwear possibly causing nerve damage/pressure? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards Theresa
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.