Failed Latarjet Resulting in OA - Ream and Run?

< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Failed Latarjet Resulting in OA - Ream and Run?
Created On: 02/17/2013 11:53 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

03/02/2015 03:34 PM

Author Icon
angelrobert

I personally thinks that your shoulder requires surgery but for the sure, you should consult your orthopedic surgeon, who will guide you better whether you need shoulder surgery or there may be other tretaments are best to treat your pain.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 02/13/2014 05:50 PM

Author Icon
woodym2

Did you ever get the team and run surgery? I hope you found some relief. I had the procedure 3 weeks ago, and everything is going extremely well. The stretches are sometimes hard, but I remind myself that it will be well worth it when I'm playing golf without shoulder pain this summer! Take care

02/17/2013 11:53 AM

Author Icon
Dowhayka

I am a 24 year old male former athlete who has a history of recurrent dislocations. I was treated in 2008 with a bankart repair that last until 2012 when I dislocated my shoulder again. The surgeon that I saw performed a coracoid osteotomy known as a Latarjet procedure. The two screws that were inserted into my glenohumeral joint resulted in severe OA of the humerous as well as some changes to posterior and anterior glenoid. The coracoid osteotomy indicates no significant purchase into the glenoid cavity despite the screw insertion. As a result of this, I met with a surgeon in Toronto who told me that a Total Shoulder Replacement would be my only option at this point. I'm not sure if this surgeon has heard of the Ream and Run. I've done a generous amount of research and was wondering if I could get some opinions on the matter and maybe contact someone who had a Ream and Run procedure done that might have been in a similar situation to myself. Any opinions on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

-Sasha D.

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.