< REFRESH >
Topic Title: In search of competent surgeon in Michigan or Midwest
Created On: 09/05/2013 10:43 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

01/06/2015 05:57 PM

Author Icon
angelrobert

I personally met both of th doctors even when I was consulting for the orthopedic surgeons for my shoulder injury treatment. Both of them are really nice and helped me to resolve my issue.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 09/24/2013 12:28 PM

Author Icon
misty3

Dr Warner sent me to Dr Williams for a second opinion before doing my reverse. I started out at Ccf. I have been around the block as well at 3 institutions and most satisfied at mgh. No you can't' go wrong with that group, but some problems can't be made perfect.
 09/24/2013 10:15 AM

Author Icon
Michael14668

Well, Dr. Iannotti and Dr. Warner work together on books with Dr. Williams for complex shoulder problems. I've had all 3 operate on me (Warner when he was still at the University of Pittsburgh, Iannotti after he left the University of Pennsylvania and arrived at the Cleveland Clinic and Dr. Williams at both UPenn and the Rothman Institute). They are all excellent, you can't split hairs if you are lucky enough to get one of these 3. I also had Dr. Bradely (Steelers surgeon) and Dr. Morgan (famous for Curt Schilling's surgeries) but I would return to Iannotti, Williams or Warner without question. A friend did his shoulder and elbow fellowship at UPenn while Iannotti and Williams were together, he basically said if they can't fix you no one can. He is now a prominent shoulder and elbow surgeon in NYC... so if that isn't a ringing endorsement then I never heard one.
 09/18/2013 07:25 PM

Author Icon
misty3

There is no doubt in my mind that Boston Shoulder Institute is the best, and I am a life long Clevelander!
 09/15/2013 08:22 AM

Author Icon
Michael14668

In Cleveland your have Dr. Iannotti. If you want to stay in MI then http://www.rvorthopedics.com/physicians/lenters.htm has all the right training from U of Washington.Rush in Chicago is also a great option.
 09/09/2013 02:29 PM

Author Icon
misty3

I would stay away from corrisone shots. 3 is the limit as it can adversely affect the tendons. Would you be willing to try Rush in Chicago? I had to go from Cleveland to Boston for the best care.
 09/05/2013 10:43 PM

Author Icon
rhyatt

Hello folks! I had surgery for a partial rotator cuff tear, impingement and the clean out of bone spurs. My surgery date was in the fall of 2012. One year later I am now in as much or more pain than pre surgery. My current doc is ambivalent about what to do next. I have been through PT three times. The only thing that helps the pain is cortisone shots and oxycodone. Can someone here recommend a surgeon in Michigan or nearby in the Midwest region of the US?Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.