Topic Title: Biceps tenodesis
Created On: 01/29/2010 07:26 PM

Pages: [ << 6 7 8 9 Previous ]
View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

01/30/2010 06:08 PM

Author Icon
JuliePC

leanne, sounds like you need surgery immediately or you will just continue to dislocate!! do let us know how your visit goes on tues. laura, keep up the ice and pain meds!! sounds like me. pt is very very painful as i am already tightening up. pt able to get me to normal ranges with prom, but i can not do that at home. i know i am guarding. still on oxycontin and dilaudid. pain still very intense. so funny sometimes...as i fall asleep with no warning!!veronica, how are you doing?about to fall asleep...more later. julie
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 01/30/2010 12:19 AM

Author Icon
leanne13304

hi all,quick update, just home from hospital with another dislocation, this time from reaching to put on my seatbelt, shoulder is very unstable. feeling pretty tired and loopy from the morphine, had to sedate to get it back in. OS won't be happy with that when i see him tues. currently wearing sling to just try and get the swelling and pain down. i forgot how much dislocations hurt. will be taking percocet to sleep, x-ray showed erosion of front of glenoid/socket after dislocation, making it easier to disloacte. ankle is holding up, put running on hold to focus more on strengthening stabilizers and working ROM, still don't have full ROM yet. muscles on inside of calf and ankle are inflamed from compensation from not having tendons left on the outside, trainer thinks i should think about seeing a surgeon just because i have very little stability left. will think about that over the next few months, right now need to focus on shoulder.anyways, off to bed, very tired and have to be up early to head to the states with 2 of my best friends to go wedding dress shopping. will update more tomorrow when i am home. glad to hear you're all managing ok. rest rest rest!

-------------------------
Leanne
 01/29/2010 10:57 PM

Author Icon
grutzal

Julie, hanks for the update, wow you had alot done too this time, I will get my hands on that report next week, I know it was more then a tear, but a 90 percent tear and an open can be painful, I know what you are saying about pt being painful, I am going throught the same thing I am on prom only until next visit on the 16th I am doing pendulums, table slides, the cpm chair and cane for external rotation. I cannot touch my butt, which used to be the first to come back, not tthis time I am icing constantly, and using the tens unit for at least 3 hours a day, I would say with meds on a constant basis I am around a 5 but I better not miss a dose, because it hurts, Leanne hope you are ok, mike how are you doing? tAKE CARE AND REST LAURA

-------------------------
God's Blessings,
Laura
 01/29/2010 07:53 PM

Author Icon
JuliePC

Here we are again. no more sifting through 8 pages!! Welcome Leanne, Laura, Veronica, Carol, Anne, Mike, Jessica - - did I miss anyone?? I've been sleeping a lot with dilaudid. Barely stay awake enough to get to PT, but that's about it. So here is what was done to me - - SAD, biceps tendon tenodesis, distal clavicle resection, and extensive arthroscopic debridement. Also a bursectomy. There was a ton of debridement, including rc, that was frayed (but not torn). I have 5 incisions - 3 arthroscopic and 2 open. (I think) So, that's that. Veronica, I hope you are feeling better. Laura, how is PT going?? Any PT is really really painful right now. I hope yours is easier!!! Leanne, how is your shoulder?? Please tell me it is not as painful as it was. Are you back in a sling to protect the dislocation?? How is your ankle?? Guess you're not jogging these days. I would imagine that is really painful even to ride in the car!! Boy do I know that!! Well, gonna get back into bed with more ice and another round of dilaudid! Have a good weekend everyone. Lots of rest, ok?? Laura, that means you too!!! julie

01/29/2010 07:26 PM

Author Icon
JuliePC

oops - - see next post!

Bookmark and Share

Pages: [ << 6 7 8 9 Previous ]
View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.