< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Shoulder replacement revision surgery
Created On: 10/20/2012 11:22 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

10/20/2012 11:22 PM

Author Icon
Charleysmom

Hi all. I don't usually participate in forums, but I really need the advice of people who have faced my dilemma. I am a 49 year old woman who has had lupus & RA for 30 years. I've had both knees replaced, 3 hip replacements, and about 13 months ago, had a shoulder replacement (not a reverse replacement). I had a torn rotator cuff and a torn bicep tendon before surgery. This has been the most frustrating recovery of any surgery I've had. After 13 months of PT, I still can't lift my arm more that about 65 degrees. I am very petite and have small bones and osteoporosis. When I lift my arm, it's like it catches on something, and once I get past the catch, I can lift it all the way (when lying down, not standing up). I think my surgeon thinks the prosthesis may have been too large. I'm going for a CT scan on Monday and considering a revision. What is the success rate of this, is it worth going through another year like the last, or is lifting my arm highly overrated?
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.