Hello my Frozen Shoulder Friends!!

< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Hello my Frozen Shoulder Friends!!
Created On: 03/13/2014 12:31 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

07/28/2015 12:17 AM

Author Icon
thomasanderson

That's really inspiring. Hope you recover soon. Good luck!!

-------------------------
OrthoTexas, Irving
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 04/28/2015 04:33 PM

Author Icon
angelrobert

Very glad to hear the progress and relieve to all of your pain. Hope now you all are enjoying a healthy life!!!

03/17/2014 02:34 AM

Author Icon
bellco

Hey Radiator

Fantastic news! Thats soo great that you got some relief for your foot, best news I've heard for ages. Every time I think of those springs in Mexico I want to go there. Walking is wonderful isn't it. My daughter went on a hike on the weekend and sent me a pic of a koala in a tree, it was looking right at them. You don't see them very often in the wild like that. I am so happy that you are having a good run, about time eh!

My FS has improved a lot too. I have about 120 ROM, that could be due to being a bit lazy and not doing enough stretching etc. Its soo much better than a year ago, my partner went away for a month for work and I managed fine so thats a vast improvement.

Its sounds like you have lots of good plans like going to Latin America, great stuff! You never know what things will lead to I always think. Let us know how you get on

03/16/2014 02:57 AM

Author Icon
radiator

Frosty and Fitzroy,

Glad to hear the FS is near the end or over. I look back at it as being a very dark time. The pin so severe that you could never tell anyone without them experiencing themselves. And who the heck would ever ask for FS?

Hey Fitzroy, I have heard mostly good from folks I know that have had the hip replacement done. It is pretty amazing what they can do. And many of those folks are very active too. I have not started hiking with my old group yet, as I think my foot is still not 100 percent. I think I will hve to get differnt hiking boots to support my ankle which is part of the problem.

Did not look too far back in the postings, but wonder if Clumsyone has been checking in? I know once the FS is gone, we spend less time here. Sure was a great resource and support for me when I was in the depths of it. Thanks again all.

Barb

aka Radiator

03/15/2014 01:18 PM

Author Icon
Fitzroy

Frosty, hi, I;m glad you too are nearing the end of this most unsavory of journeys. I think what happens, is we finally reach a point where we don't think about it much anymore, or better yet, it stops reminding us of its presense. Wishing you and everyone else all the best.

03/14/2014 10:17 AM

Author Icon
Frostyone

Hello all glad to see all the progress especially yours radiator .

i too cab say I am improving-I think I'm on the very end of FS I still have some lingering pain but I have noticed that I can do more and more before it really hurts like today it was hurting when I got up but I still managed to do shopping washing and changing the beds-six months ago the pain would have stopped me in my tracks so I hope it's a good sign.

fitzroy so glad you don't have pain anymore and can do so much of your old life -I can't wait to be able to do that!

03/13/2014 11:36 AM

Author Icon
Fitzroy

Dear Radiator and the rest of you great people, I am so very happy your foot feels better. I've figured out that even a small amount of persistent joint or tissue inflammation can make your life miserable. Any reprieve is good especially if it lasts. For me, I can't say I have FS anymore, I think that's long gone, what I have is lot of scar tissue that is difficult to break up and this inhibits me from regaining full ROM. I don't get pain unless I tear up some of the tissue and even then the pain isn't FS pain, it's just me getting more ROM pain, if that makes sense. My routine hasn't changed a whole lot, in that I can work more, exercise more, and generally enjoy myself more. My days of being able to climb difficult rock faces are over but I'm hoping to get back to skiing and full day hikes eventually. I've got a plan to lose a few more pounds and see if I can exercise my hip into a proper state. If doesn't improve by the end of summer I will push to have it replaced. I've talked to enough people with scars on their butts to know that most hip replacements are magical in their transformation of people's lives.

Do write in occasionally, although I may not answer all the time, I like hearing what you everyone is up to. It's been a long haul for all of us and to those new to this, hang in there.

Pete (aka Fitzroy)

03/13/2014 12:31 AM

Author Icon
radiator

Wow, Do I feel guilty. It hasn't been like I have not thought of you all. And in fact in my water aerobics class, I met a gal who had F.S. and thought I better write. I cannot believe it has been since Oct. that I wrote. Shame.....I guess we do go away when things get better, but we should not forget our friends...Fitzroy, Bellco, Newtothis, Frostyone and how is Clumsyone? It sound like some of you are having some improvement. Great!

Okay, I did go to Mexico and it was fabulous as always. I spent 6 days at the beach, swimming in really, really warm water. I went down there with a cold, so I was lazy...then the running began. Well, sort, of. Remember that bad foot? Well, I had tape and ace bandage and figured I was going to be taking a lot of public transport. Well, sort of. Half way through my trip, I met a native healer (Purepecha woman) and I told her about my foot. She did this little mini chiropractic adjustment (or two) and I am not kidding you....it was almost instant healing. A week later I hiked up 3 hours to see the Monarch Butterflies and 2 hours down, with NO Pain. Now, the hotsprings I went to might have helped too. But, truely amazing. I am back to walking and I lost 18 lbs!! Maybe that helped too. But I also had some truly wonderful interactions in Mexico and my happiness flowed, which may have helped.

Knock on wood, but my shouler is great. I work out with my pulley daily for my shouders and upper body and have been on a bit of an exercise routine. I have tried to cut out some carbos and the sweets, that I love. So, I feel pretty good so far. I am thinking of going to Latin America to teach English this fall. The Radiology job market stinks and I am tired of waiting for things to come around. So, life is better than it was 3 years, or 2 years or 1 year ago.

I am hoping you all get some relief and to you new frozen shoulder sufferers, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Time and wisdom.

Stay well....

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.