Topic Title: Grade 2 Separation Inquiry
Created On: 04/11/2012 03:12 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

04/11/2012 03:12 PM

Author Icon
JHubs

Hi all!!

New to the forum and looking for a little piece of mind. I separated my shoulder in a softball game six weeks ago. Landed flush on the dirt. It is my throwing shoulder. I went to the ER then followed up with an ortho a week later. I iced religiously for the first week and kept it in a sling. Ortho diagnosed it as Grade 2. I have since been going to physical therapy twice a week, doing all my exercises, icing, and keeping off of it as much as possible. It seems to be healing nicely as I have full range of motion and very little pain.

My question is this. I play shortstop, which requires hard throws across the field and across my body. My physical therapist is starting to tailor my program to this, and we start bulding my tolerance to throwing next week.

Just wondering if anyone has had success returing back to a throwing sport after this injury?? I suspected that it would take 12 weeks total before I was able to get back out there so I feel that I'm on pace. Any words of wisodm??

Thanks so much!!

Joe

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.