< REFRESH >
Topic Title: sternoclavicular
Created On: 02/04/2011 11:08 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

02/04/2011 11:08 PM

Author Icon
Renilou

I lifted heavy wood for a fire 1 1/2 years ago and felt a jolt behind my right collarbone that felt like an electric shock. I went flat to the floor on my back with the stove door open. I could hardly lift my right arm. It took all I had to get up and then close the door with my left arm. I went straight to bed and layed on my back. I could not lay on my right because it felt like a charlie horse in my neck & shoulder.

I did not go to the Dr because I do not have insurance and I was alone at the time and could not drive myself. I figured I would get better on my own. It healed up but still bothered me under the coloar bone and my neck. Not a bad pain, just an ache and stiffness.

Then last summer I forced my arm under a plastic swimming pool with all the heavy water and put something under it to stop a stick from poking through plus made the mistake of doing pull ups on the monkey bars the to show off to my grandkids.

After taking them home, I noticed I was sore and swollen right at the sternoclaicular. The next day it was enlarged. I went to see a Dr the following week because it was not better. I wanted to rule out any bone cancer or gland under the area. I told her what I did and how the injury 1st happend so she shrugged it off as nothing to worry about. No ex-ray was taken. I could not pay for it so I had no option. To this day, it is still poking out and is larger than the left side.
Could this just be arthritis kicking in?
I dont have medical coverage or the $$$ for a Physician, especially only to be dismissed again.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.