< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Broken Scapula
Created On: 01/25/2007 02:34 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

05/08/2012 01:35 AM

Author Icon
Jeniffer

Hey Janelle, I would suggest you to see a better known doctor nearby your areas and then take a decision what to do further. Consult with 2-3 doctors and then take any major decision.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 07/21/2010 03:20 PM

Author Icon
mstraub

I can understand why you might be a little bit concerned about the doctor's advice on what your son should do. While I cannot offer you a direct answer on what to do, or what your son should do, I would recommend that you get a second or even a third opinion, it never hurts. You can find a doctor near you using the Locate a Doctor resource on our website.
 01/25/2007 02:34 PM

Author Icon
Janelle717

From article Broken ScapulaMy son has a fractured acromion and separated AC joint. We went to the Orthopaedic Center at Children's Hospital here in Dayton; but I'm wondering if we were given correct information.The fracture is a complete fracture. The piece that is fractured is fractured OFF of the rest of his scapula. I was reading some stuff online here and they mostly say that surgery is needed if this is a complete fracture. However, this doctor that we saw say surgery is not necessary. When I asked how the bones will grow back together, he said it was, "magic."Am I an overprotective mom or is this guy not worth his weight?Thanks,A Concerned Momjlchadrick @ hotmail . com

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.