< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Recovering from Shoulder Replacement on 11/17/2015
Created On: 11/20/2015 08:56 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

06/22/2016 10:30 PM

Author Icon
Shawnd

Hello,  I am scheduled for total shoulder replacement (in a month) with a pec major transfer. I have read all the advice/time-lines for TSR. Does anyone have any experience with a TSR with pec major transfer ? I was wondering what recovery looks like with this procedure.  Is it the same as TSR or different.  Thank you in advance

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 05/21/2016 07:39 PM

Author Icon
Soli

Good luck!  Be careful at intersections. 

Soli

05/20/2016 10:58 AM

Author Icon
APB

Thanks a lot for you input, I'm in the same boaT. joint is painless. Just dealing with the other related pain and a bit of stiffness. Glad you are ok after your accident. Continued success!  APB

05/20/2016 07:52 AM

Author Icon
Soli

Range of motion is essentially 100% of a "normal" shoulder.  The physical therapy worked well for range of motion and strengthening.  Strength is slowly returning and according to both the surgeon and therapist could take up to a year.  Keep doing your at home PT.  The only remaining pain is when I overdo something that I was not thinking about.  I did some weeding yesterday and I am slightly sore this morning.  My Golden Retriever lap puppy (70 pounds) has learned to not lean too hard on the shoulder and thinks walking with me is a great idea.  For protection I keep his leash in the unaffected hand so he will not tug it.

I was also in a car accident at 5 months post-surgery and had to have the shoulder x-rayed to verify that nothing had come loose.  The surgeon is pleased that this has turned out well, but has still cautioned me to take care so there are no extra impacts.  Good luck with your continuing recovery.

05/18/2016 01:09 AM

Author Icon
APB

Hi Soli, now that you are 6 months post op ream and run, how are you doing?  I am 5 weeks post op ream and run and I am doing pretty good.   Thanks for any feedback you might want to share!  APB

11/23/2015 03:31 PM

Author Icon
buddyc26

I'm 5 year post-op and I too have no issues what so ever. The best thing I ever did. I started a blog on this site to share experiences with people going through the same procedure. We all know that the rehab is tough but if you commit to the program, you will succeed.  I decided early on that I would not go to bed if I had one more rep to do.

Good luck with your rehab.

Buddy

11/23/2015 12:56 PM

Author Icon
tfalk

Hang in there and do everything they tell you to in PT!

I'm coming up on 4 years, just made an appointment to find out if I need to have the other one done now.  The first 2 weeks post-op were the hardest, I had no pain in the joint itself, just pain from the surgery itself.  4 years later, it's FAR stronger than I ever expected.

Have faith, it will get better!

11/20/2015 12:05 PM

Author Icon
Soli

I had a Total Shoulder Replacement on Tuesday, Nov. 17 and would appreciate encouragement and advice from the forum community.  Thanks! Soli

11/20/2015 08:56 AM

Author Icon
Soli

Hello Forum Members,

I just had a total shoulder replacement on Tuesday and would appreciate any advice and encouragement.  Last night was pretty rough and it is achy today. 

Thanks!

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.