< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Painful Shoulder Arthritis
Created On: 12/07/2012 09:18 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

11/25/2014 02:27 PM

Author Icon
angelrobert

I am also a patient of frozen shoulder... Can anyone recommend the solution of this problem???

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 09/11/2014 02:03 AM

Author Icon
claudiawangsg

Hello friend, i suggest physiotherapy treatment.

07/11/2014 04:13 PM

Author Icon
COgirl

I'm with you on the pain. I, too, am biding my time waiting for it to be the right time for the TSR. Had cortisone injections directly into the joint and that helped for a few weeks. I think if it's going to be done again it will have to be with a radiologist because there is so much bone in the joint. The pain is horrid and it has absolutely affected my life. Can't take Aleve because it gives me colitis. Advil gives me acid reflux. So I'm down to Tylenol or prescription. Going to ask about Celebrex next time I'm in.

07/11/2013 07:48 AM

Author Icon
Addison8100

Get a flexible level of resistance band if you do not already have one. Weight lifting is a great way to enhance durability, range of muscular movement and versatility.
 01/19/2013 01:26 AM

Author Icon
henry88

There may be some exercises related to shoulder which may reduce the pain like stretching exercises. Try to find out or else go for chiropracter.
 12/11/2012 12:55 PM

Author Icon
tfalk

I found some relief from an ice wrap, I used this one quite a bit...
http://www.polarsoftice.com/softiceactive.html

The only OTC medication I found any relief from was Aleve.

After 2-3 years, I couldn't take it anymore and opted for the TSR. Other than
a couple of days post-op, haven't used it since although my kids keep stealing
it when they have knee or shoulder aches/pains.

12/07/2012 09:18 AM

Author Icon
jim111

I had been having some sharp pain in my left shoulder similar to a rotator cuff tear that I had in my right shoulder. The pain goes right down my arm. My ortho dr did an MRI and told me that it was arthritis, bone on bone pain that I was having, the cuff was ok. He said I may need a should replacement in 3 years but not right now since I have full ROM and most of my strength. My problem, how to deal with this pain for 3 years? Advil etc doesn't work much and I spend the day popping tylenol or putting a cold pack on.

I have no cartilege in my knees either but I don't have any pain like this. Why is that?

I'd be interested in any recommendations. I'm a male, 55, in good health other than this.

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.