< REFRESH >
Topic Title: meniscal transplant pain inability to perform
Created On: 05/21/2005 09:23 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

05/21/2005 09:23 AM

Author Icon
Douglas15477

Good Morning! My name is Douglas and I am 26 years old. I had a meniscal transplant a year ago and I am still unable to do the activities that I love i.e. basketball. I still experience swelling a lot and my flexibility isn't the best. I had been patient up until now, but it just seems that I will never play again. I tried to play a couple of weeks ago and I took it very easy. The next day my knee had ballooned and it just felt terrible the next two weeks. Could there still be a problem with my knee or is this what I should expect? I desperately want to get back to my normal activities and there just doesn't seem to be hope. The only thing I can think of that I haven't done a lot is lift weights. Will a really good leg program enable me to improve or is my active life doomed? I would just like some insight on what the problem could be. My doctor told me that the transplant had taken, but if it has why am I still in a healing stage. I saw your name on this website and just wanted to get another opinion. If you would, please help me to understand what's going on and if there is indeed hope. Thank You, In need of encouragement Douglas
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.