< REFRESH >
Topic Title: When Will I Get Better?
Created On: 05/21/2005 10:18 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

04/06/2015 02:28 PM

Author Icon
angelrobert

When my surgeon told me about this procedure he said it was six months of rehab. A very long rehab which is why he prefers a tenotomy over a tenodesis. He said I may also end up with some stiffness in my arm. Thankfully, my biceps tendon was fine and I didn't need anything done. 

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 05/21/2005 10:18 AM

Author Icon
kryckert1

Yes my manipulations were all on the same shoulder. Some of my manipulations were a few months apart, but then I had some of them a week apart. I also had a few of them a couple days apart. I had a manual manipulation, then 2 days later a surgical manipulation. I think I have tried them all. We knew the manipulations weren't doing any good about 2 days after I had them done. Most of my manipulations I was in PT that same day and every day for the entire week. My arm usually starting stiffening up by about day 2 or 3. Kirsten

-------------------------
Kirsten

Author Icon
jbr

Did you have all those manipulations on the same shoulder? How long between manipulations, in other words, when do the doctors know that it didn't work? Are you better now? Thanks for the water suggestion and hope you are better. Janet.

Author Icon
kryckert1

I had 8 manual manipulations, and 4 open surgical manipulations for frozen shoulder. I was in PT the day of my manipulations and I still froze up. After my 3rd one, I went to PT the same day, but then I continued to go for the entire week, every day, and I actually went to PT 2 or 3 times a few days. The other saving grace was my PT has a pool, the water is at about 80 degrees and that really helped me get my stretching in and my therapy in, but will minimal pain because the water helps support the weight of your shoulder. If your PT doesn't have a pool, see if you have an Easter Seals Pool or a pool for the elderly, the water is kept at a warmer temperture than a Recreation Center. I know here in Denver we have an Easter Seals Pool and I used that a lot during my rehab. Best of luck Kirsten

-------------------------
Kirsten

Author Icon
jbr

Yes it was for frozen shoulder. My other question out there is how much at home stretching is enough? I just read about someone that was doing it 90 minutes a day. I do about 30, 2 /15 minute sessions. Thanks. .

Author Icon
jbr

Yes, I had/have frozen shoulder.

Author Icon
cala333

Was the manipulation for frozen shoulder?

Author Icon
jbr

I had arthroscopic shoulder manipulation 5 weeks ago. It seems like my progress is one step forward, two back. Some days I am pain free and other days are terrible. The PT is very painful but I am sticking it out. I stretch every day at home but they always make me feel like I am not doing enough. The doctor is so vague, I think I may switch. How long has it taken anyone out there to have less pain and more ROM after surgery. I am so frustrated.

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.