< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Bankhart repair
Created On: 05/21/2005 10:28 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

05/22/2006 02:34 PM

Author Icon
Tedw

Well- First- you may want to look over on the labral tear threads as this is considered a repair (inferior) of the Labrum.I am almost 12 weeks post op for SLAP+bankart with 4 anchors and here is the deal.while you milage may very you should plan on a the following.1. 2 weeks of chilling out. do your daily exercises that your docotor left you with i.e. Codman and assisted arm raises. Yes- get a GREAT shoulder PT team who understands SLAP/Bankart rehab.2. at 4 to 6 weeks you will start PT which will be mostly stretching and ROM.3. Don't use your repaired arm for anything weight bearing for at least 8 weeks.4. Plan on the first 8 weeks to be prett boring with bouts of pain and tightness. The bankart repair anchors you down pretty tight so the first few weeks of PT will suck. 5. Stay positive. 6. Follow all your directions, don't over do any of the exercises to try and rush back to sports or you will be bummed.7. Semi normal life will resume at 10+ weeks. that is to say that you will look somewhat normal when you are walking without a dead arm at your side. 8.11-12 weeks is when you will start to put strength back into the area and then by month 4 you can start to resume some light activity with the area, but plan on 5-6 months to get back to full activitiy. Good luck.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 05/21/2005 10:28 AM

Author Icon
iainmtp

Hi there, I have just recently had a bankhart repair on my left shoulder and would really be intrested to hear other peoples experiances. I had the operation less than two weeks, I was given very little info from the consultant about the recovery time and also the actual healing process [ie Should I have physio?]. I have heard stories which vary from 6 months to 7 weeks! Help! Kind regards, Iain McGee England
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.