< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Rhomboid Tear/Reattachment
Created On: 09/02/2011 09:02 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

05/05/2015 06:15 PM

Author Icon
angelrobert

I can suggest you the orthopedic surgeon, hope you'll find relief to your pain.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 06/08/2012 05:14 AM

Author Icon
Jeniffer

It is truly nice of you for sharing your experience. I am not known of this but have came to know about.
 09/02/2011 09:02 PM

Author Icon
rob426hz

Short and sweet... Injured myself in the gym (wide lat pulldowns)... over a year and a half ago. Constant pain, a winging scapula and total instability of my left side, from spine on out. No OS could diagnose or treat the root of the problem... after PT, MRI, EMG, X-ray, etc... There was no hope.

Saw Dr. Rubin in Orange, CA... diagnosed me within 5 minutes (FINALLY!)

August 3, 2011: Had open rhomboid reattachment surgery.

I'm a full month out. I've had my share of REALLY bad days... recover has been pretty grueling. I was in a sling @ 15 degrees ER up until now. Not gonna lie... it has drained me, physically and mentally.

I started PT two and a half weeks post-op.

Anterior delt pain, proximal and distal biceps tendon pain are 10/10!... There have been signs of this getting better, as it comes and goes.

Insomnia.. three weeks out til present... is at its WORST!

There is little to no literature or personal accounts of this VERY RARE injury/procedure.
If there are those who have gone through this... or something similar... it would be great to have some feedback!

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.