< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Need help with work and living expenses
Created On: 08/04/2009 05:37 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

08/06/2009 08:55 AM

Author Icon
swank

You ARE getting advice! Just don't expect that people will always tell you what you want to hear.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 08/05/2009 06:08 PM

Author Icon
Babydoll32

Thanks for your help..I Know that I have to find a new line of work..I am just getting worse instead of better.I just thought this was somewhere that people could go to talk about what is happening and get advise to help them through this tough situation.I also have one bad knee, bad back, elbows, and hips...I feel like my body was put together wrong.Anyway have a nice night.

-------------------------
I am in constant pain in both shoulders. I have loose shoulder. Cant barely sleep, unless on vicoden and muscle relaxers. Arms and hands fall asleep.
 08/05/2009 07:19 AM

Author Icon
swank

My advice would be to find a line of work that doesn't require heavy shoulder use. I have two bad shoulders. I work a desk job, and although reaching for the mouse on my PC can be painful it doesn't prevent me from working. I also have a bad knee, ankle, hip and back. Forget about what you can't do and do what you can. Also, find another place to live. There's a way out of every situation. Sometimes it requires hard work and hard choices but if you want your life to change you have to take the first step.
 08/05/2009 06:41 AM

Author Icon
Michael14668

If you want advice about how to collect SS disability contact SS, this website is not the place for that.If you want advice on what to do about caspular laxity, post on this website.The reason your doctor wants you to do rehab is that you have been diagnosed with MDI (Multidirectional Instability).The operation you would need is a capsular shift (arthroscopic plication), with possible labral repair for a bankart or SLAP lesion. The reason your doctor doesn't want to operate yet is that sometimes MDI can be resolved with cuff strengthening, but that doesn't seem to be the case for you so far.Some surgeons will operate right away, others try rehab first. Yours wants rehab first.

08/04/2009 05:37 PM

Author Icon
Babydoll32

I was just wondering if anyone with these same problems are having problems paying there bills due to lack of being able to work, due to the pain and dislocations, either fully dislocating your shoulder(s) or partially. I am currently dealing with partially dislocating my shoulders..I am not able to go back to work, boss says until my doctor releases me 100% better. And my dr today said she cant, because this is a cronic issue that will be with me for the rest of my life..and I am thinking great, will there be no end to this frustration? Anyone with advice please let me know.I live with 2 other room mates at this time and landlord lives right above and will not allow me to get assistence in anyway, because she gets SS and I will mess that up for her. What else can I do.I am a single mom, but son is not with me full time.Mindy

-------------------------
I am in constant pain in both shoulders. I have loose shoulder. Cant barely sleep, unless on vicoden and muscle relaxers. Arms and hands fall asleep.

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.