< REFRESH >
Topic Title: shifting or catching
Created On: 03/02/2008 08:41 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

03/04/2008 04:32 PM

Author Icon
MB15

Jim,I would say it was more uncomfortable than painful. I definitely did not have to take any pain meds b/c of it.If you unsure, call your doc...he should be able to tell you what he thinks is going on...that's why he gets the big bucks!Good luck,MB
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 03/03/2008 08:31 PM

Author Icon
jimboro

Hi mb,When it happened to you,was there any pain involved,when it happens to me it's very painful,then there's a dull acheing afterwards,sometimes several hours,then I have to take a pain pill.Please reply,any info will be appreciated.
 03/03/2008 05:39 AM

Author Icon
MB15

Hi Jim,I had a hemi in the summer of '06 (had to be revised to a TSR last summer) but I remember feeling sensations similiar to what you are describing after my hemi. My doctor said it was just the metal moving against the glenoid (the socket) and it was nothing to worry about. Hopefully, this is the case with you as well.Good luck,MB
 03/02/2008 08:41 PM

Author Icon
jimboro

Hello my name is Jim.I had a Hemi on January 22,2008.I'm wondering if anyone else has any shifting or skipping in the shoulder when you move it.My therapist says it the bicep that's skipping,but I have doubts about that.I don't go back to the surgeon until march 17.It is hard to describe what it is doing,any help will be appreciated.Jim.

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.