WHY does my arm hurt so much when it's my shoulder that is frozen?

< REFRESH >
Topic Title: WHY does my arm hurt so much when it's my shoulder that is frozen?
Created On: 06/12/2009 05:51 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

06/14/2009 06:03 PM

Author Icon
Lilyrose

Thanks elizabeth. I've been frozen for months though and had gained some ROM. I'm 20 months from first symptoms.KerryAnne - I've done acupuncture too - that hurt like b*ggery as well. I think I'm a lost cause.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 06/14/2009 04:54 PM

Author Icon
elizabethr

PT (what you call physio!) doesn't have to be "unkind." But it does have to be at the right time. My second PT in particular was quite gentle until I was ready for more aggressive treatment. Lilyrose, your physio probably didn't cause your continued loss of ROM - FS was going to do that for you anyway! But in retrospect I was sorry I started PT so early in my first FS - because after a while the insurance benefits ran out, and those early visits were truly wasted, except for making me feel like I was doing something constructive for the FS.
 06/14/2009 09:43 AM

Author Icon
KerryAnne

Hi Lily....the one thing that has really helped me is accupuncture. I would walk into her clinic in agony and walk out almost pain-free. No physio involved. I won't lie and say it's painless having the shoulder poked with needles...at first it really hurt but when I noticed how quickly I was feeling relief right there in her chair I would actually look forward to it. After the first couple of visits she had me out of the worst of the pain and I didn't have to have cortisone and I came off my anti-inflamitaries and just took Neurofen now and again and also took the Chinese Herbs daily. Now I'm experiencing FS in the other shoulder I know what to do and I know how much my body can take. I have never had physio....I've also stayed with the Ostiopath and the Bowen Therapist and their treatments are much kinder.-KerryAnne

-------------------------
KerryAnne
 06/14/2009 07:49 AM

Author Icon
Lilyrose

I should've listened to my lovely physiotherapist. She did tell me that physio was not particularly indicated at this point in ideopathic AC (which we are 99% sure mine is). But no, I've had so many people say 'are you having physio' and so I caved in. She was so gentle, too. She warned me it might cause 'some discomfort'. Hahahahaha. So....I've gone from having about 40% ROM and almost pain free, to having considerably less ROM, considerably more pain and I am £35 poorer for the priviledge.This is scary.
 06/14/2009 06:03 AM

Author Icon
KerryAnne

I agree....referred pain bleh!

KerryAnne
 06/13/2009 12:52 PM

Author Icon
cardrey

I agree. When FS first started with me, I thought I had done something to my arm, especially my elbow, which throbbed all the time. The shoulder didn't really hurt at all.
 06/12/2009 10:32 PM

Author Icon
seasquirt

because, that's why!actually. think about this...all those nerves being impacted, the referred pain.mostly because it can!

More ROM, Baby!
 06/12/2009 05:51 PM

Author Icon
Lilyrose

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
©1999- 2014 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.