< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Stage 3 Forever???
Created On: 06/29/2014 10:11 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

08/27/2015 05:49 AM

Author Icon
thomasanderson

I would not suggest any weight bearing exercises as they may cause pain and discomfort in your shoulders. Instead, you should go for mild strengthening and flexibility exercises.

-------------------------
OrthoTexas, Irving
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 04/06/2015 04:00 PM

Author Icon
angelrobert

You should take healthy diet and increase the intake of calcium in your body. Moreover you should also consult your physician too. 

07/03/2014 01:27 PM

Author Icon
Frostyone

Frozendinner if I was in your situation after 4.5 years ad still with limited rom I might be tempted to ask for a surgeons opinion on a capsular release surgery-I know it seems a bit drastic but after four and a half years even I would be saying enough is enough!

07/02/2014 11:05 AM

Author Icon
frozendinner

Thanks for the advice Fitzroy. I was told by a physiatrist/rheumatologist that it would take 1 year working with a physiotherapist to get 100% ROM back. I have been trying some extra arm exercises at the gym like lateral pulldown at the lowest weights possible. My shoulder still complains! I wlll look into rubber band exercisers. I have been afraid to slowly push my body but will do it gradually like you suggest.

Wishing you a healthy recovery.

07/01/2014 08:11 PM

Author Icon
Fitzroy

FD, hi, sorry to hear about your problems. I know I got really weak in areas, and like you, didn't/don't have the ROM to do proper exercises. So I do the best I can and I especially try a work the areas that need it the most. They are easy enough to find. I have a set of 5 rubber band exercisers. I would recommend using them everyday. It doesn't take long before you figure out a good routine. You get both strength and dynamic stretching happening and after a while you may be able to transistion to a machine or free weights. I also use a couple of small free weights. It's a slow process but if you do it everyday, you will see progress. Your body may rebel, just go slow and speed up, and slow down as required. But never quit. For push ups, I lean against a hand a banister. When I first started I couldn't get my chest very low, but now I can almost touch. I'm slowly transistioning to the real thing. YOu just need to slowly push your body into taking more and more weight. Good luck with it and try do them every day, even if it's a tiny bit.

06/29/2014 10:11 AM

Author Icon
frozendinner

Hi Fellow Sufferers (FS),

Sorry, it's been a while but I thought my FS was on the way to a full recovery. It's now been 4.5 years since it all began. I have improved in my ROM but still can't unhook a bra or raise arm to the side fully.

I do up to 1 hour of fast walking a day and although I go to the gym, I'm only able to do a few machines. Three are for leg muscles and one is for arms where you pull the weights towards you while sitting. If I try to do any other arm weights I feel FS style pain in my shoulder that night.

Unfortunately I can't afford physiotherapy. Also, due to my slim frame and minimal fitness, I now have osteopenia. (I do eat a lot of calcium-rich foods, take a vit D supplement and eat lots of veggies.)

Any suggestions for weight bearing exercises to build bone density and restore my FS- ROM???

Thanks!

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.