< REFRESH >
Topic Title: ?? RE Neil Asher technique
Created On: 05/21/2005 10:26 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

05/21/2005 10:26 AM

Author Icon
caribbean

Gail- Thanks for the good thoughts and vibes. I live in VA. I was having very limited success with the PT, they were not pushing me to the point where it hurt. I stopped going because I was running out of sick leave time and wasn't really making any more progress. So I thought I would save what time I had left for other illnesses or treatements. I have also been thinking about acupuncture, but since I already have the Neil-Asher book and after reading through it, I feel like it may really work, figure I will try that first. Just know that my husband is not the right one for the job. I was thinking of approaching the PT that I was working with and see if he would be willing to try something different and use the N-A technique on me. Since I wrote my original message I though maybe do that plus have a massage on a regular basis as well. I have read a lot of posts here on the boards, but they are kind of all running together. Too much information overload I guess. I wish I could communicate with someone who has successfully used the N-A technique to get some additional information. I know I read back awhile that someone was doing it, but can't seem to find that post now. Patty
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Author Icon
GailB

Hi Patty, If you've read any of my posts, you'd see that I've completely relied on alternative treatments to very good success. I stopped the traditional physical therapy early on when it just made me hurt more. My insurance isn't paying for my massage, darn, but it's been well worth it. During the frozen stage, hot stones really felt good. Acupuncture helped me get into the thawing stage and continues to "open the energy gates" and reduced pain early on. I have an Osteopath who does wonderful myofascial release and unwinding techniques too...that's is covered by my insurance, along with the acupuncture. What part of the country do you live in? You could call around and email providers...that's what I did...to find the right ones. I had no luck finding a Neil-Asher provider in the states. I even asked the Neil-Asher website and they didn't even answer me. My Osteopath says that he is an osteopath in England. Best of luck in your search for relief. I will come and you'll look back and not even remember how bad it really was. Take care, gail

Author Icon
caribbean

Hello- I have been reading on this site off and on for a couple of months searching for answers. Sounds like there is no real answer. Lots of great information and support here. I had a cortisone shot with no success and PT for about 6-8 weeks with very limited success before I just quit going. I think I am in the middle of the frozen stage. Still having intense pain when I move to the limits, muscle spasms, and nerve sensations shooting down my arm from the elbow. It has been frozen for about 10 months. I have been reading here about the Neil Asher technique and purchased the book. I was in hopes that my husband could do this for me, but now that I see the book, I really don’t think that is going to work. So I will need to see some sort of therapist to work through this technique. I was wondering what success others have had with the Neil Asher book? How many treatments did it take to have good results and how often did you go for treatment? Also need advice on whether to go to a regular PT or a massage therapist to apply the technique? Think I can get my insurance to cover the PT route but not massage so was thinking of starting with the PT. But I also have a lot of muscle tension in my back, neck, and shoulder that could benefit from the massage. So I am sitting on the fence. Looking for advice- Patty

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
©1999- 2014 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.