< REFRESH >
Topic Title: New here. Have FS and am considering manipulation
Created On: 08/17/2015 07:25 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

09/08/2015 04:38 PM

Author Icon
FrancineTaylor

Just do a google search for kefir.  There are many places which sell it.  I got my water kefir from a very nice neighbor, and I got my milk kefir from Amazon. 

I found that not only did the kefir help me sleep longer, it also helped me feel less miserable (prolonged lack of sleep causes depression) because kefir is a natural mood enhancer.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 09/07/2015 03:46 PM

Author Icon
Vetese77

Please tell me kefir is and where can I find it?

First frozen shouler lasted from Oct 2014 to April 2015.  Within one week after right shoulder getting better pain in left started.  it has been some of the worse pain of my life.  Had the surgery which has provided very little relief.  I sleep for about 2 hours and wake with pain.

How do you solve the sleeping problem?

I am miserble and frustrated.

Thanks 

09/03/2015 02:10 PM

Author Icon
FrancineTaylor

Hi tootall2959!  I got my second round of frozen shoulder last year and it was ver mild (compared to the other shoulder, which was very bad) until about three months ago when it suddenly got much worse.  After a few weeks it had reached the point where I was only sleeping a couple of hours before the pain woke me up and I had to apply heat to the shoulder in order to catch another couple hours.  The only real relief I could get was very hot baths which left me blissfully free of pain for maybe half an hour after I got out.

Then, just coincidentaly, I started drinking kefir-ated beverages again after months without (I grow my own kefir, very easy to do) and that night I got seven hours of uninterupted sleep and my shoulder did not hurt as much as I'd have expected after so much immobility.  Since then I have been drinking kefir every night and my shoulder has been getting better each day.  I've now got about 50% range of motion back, but the pain relief is the biggest effect.  It's to the point that it almost feels itchy rather than painful.

Not sure if this cure would work for anyone else.  I've been telling people about it for a month but haven't heard back from any other FS shoulder sufferers who tried it.  I originally started drinking kefir for IBS, and about 75% of people who I have given it to (mostly friends and family and neighbors) have said it had a very positive effect on their health, especially their digestive health.  I've noticed that since I started drinking it 1-1/2 years ago I haven't had a single cold or flu.  I think we have only begun to realize the extent to which the health of our gut affects our overall health.

This connection between frozen shoulder and kefir caught me offguard, though.  I got my first FS in January of 2014, and the worst of it lasted until May 2014, when it got abruptly better.  That was a few weeks after I started drinking kefir regularly, though at the time I didn't think to connect the two.

I'd be very interested in finding out if anyone else experiences a significant reduction of pain when drinking kefir.

08/17/2015 07:25 PM

Author Icon
tootall2959

Hi everyone! I've had this FS since before I was diagnosed with it in May of 2015. Somehow I think this has to do with all the chemotherapy I had in 2014. That alone caused me many joint issues. I'm told that the chemo sucks a lot of the calcium out of your joints. Anyway, my doc wants to do an MRI this week and possibly a manipulation....I'm really torn (pardon the pun) about whether to do it or not. I'm working part time right now and if I do the manipulation I'm afraid I'll have to stop working. I've been managing to get by with the pain. The nights are the worst. I have always slept on my left side and wouldn't you know it, my FS is in my left shoulder. Try as I might, I end up on that side. I just wondered what the odds are of getting through this without the manipulation....any  thoughts would be helpful...thanks all and I hope we're all on our way to better pain free days.

Sally J

08/17/2015 07:25 PM

Author Icon
tootall2959

Hi everyone! I've had this FS since before I was diagnosed with it in May of 2015. Somehow I think this has to do with all the chemotherapy I had in 2014. That alone caused me many joint issues. I'm told that the chemo sucks a lot of the calcium out of your joints. Anyway, my doc wants to do an MRI this week and possibly a manipulation....I'm really torn (pardon the pun) about whether to do it or not. I'm working part time right now and if I do the manipulation I'm afraid I'll have to stop working. I've been managing to get by with the pain. The nights are the worst. I have always slept on my left side and wouldn't you know it, my FS is in my left shoulder. Try as I might, I end up on that side. I just wondered what the odds are of getting through this without the manipulation....any  thoughts would be helpful...thanks all and I hope we're all on our way to better pain free days.

Sally J

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.