< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Frozen Shoulder and HRT
Created On: 08/15/2013 10:17 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

09/11/2014 02:27 AM

Author Icon
claudiawangsg

Treatment for a frozen shoulder will vary, depending on the stage of the condition and the severity of your pain and stiffness.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 08/24/2013 11:43 PM

Author Icon
Fitzroy

Desertgoddess, Greetings and thanks for the great post.
 08/15/2013 10:17 PM

Author Icon
desertgoddess

I am 50, in menopause and started feeling upper arm pain when I slept with my left arm for too long above my head a few nights around November of last year. By December I was getting sharp pains down into my forearm that would last about 20 seconds (I call them stingers). In February, the sun was in full effect here in Palm Springs and I went to put both arms above my head, after stretching out on the chaise. The scream that came out was just the first of many. The next several months was excrutiating and daunting to say the least as I went from freezing to frozen. I feel like I was living in the shower. The heat was the only relief from the stingers and when the deep pain set in, the heat and ice packs rotated were just not as comforting as the shower. The retractive pain was SO scary (like when you pull back from touching something too hot.) And between hot flashes (almost gone now from Phytoestrogen) and not sleeping, I was turning into a wreck. I investigated this daily online. Determined to find out what this was. I came across info on 50s Frozen Shoulder....reported mostly in Japan and starting to have more reports coming in from the UK, Sweden and other parts of Europe. They have found a correlation between Estrogen loss and Frozen Shoulder.So I got an appointment to see a Primary Care Dr and was put on PremPro yesterday and within a few hours, I can reach across my body to rub lotion on my opposite arm without it feeling as if my hand was partially mobile to move around. After being useless for months since developing this seriously debilitating injury, I think that help is on the way. I am in no way able to use my raise my arm yet, but I am thankful for just that tiny improvement....it's the glimmer of hope I needed! I will keep you informed as best I can. I have dication softwared which has made typing a lot easier and am thankful Voice Recognition is on my mobile. To you gents....look into testosterone....ladies...HRT.....Hormones are our WD40 in life. EVERYONE NEEDS ~ to eat LOTS of FRESH PINEAPPLE, BLUEBERRIES, STRAWBERRIES, AVOCADOS and ALMONDS! Look into Nervous System supplements and Wobenzymes!!! Wishing you all good health and pain free days and NIGHTS!!! Blessed be and so mote it be! )O(Love and light ~ ShannonPS ~ Create a U around your shoulders with pillows ~ one for your head...one for each arm. Reach with bad arm and hug the pillow on good arm when you need to be on your side, this lifts shoulder out of socket a bit to relieve that heavy feeling. Learning to sleep on your back will help. Try your best to keep affected arm outstretched and to not let you crook it for too long so that you have optimum blood flow....night pains are due to circulation coming back to your arm due to gravity being lifted and the blood flow returning to those inflammed tissues. Be kind to yourself, be gentle, slow and steady and ASK for help!

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
©1999- 2014 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.