The Body1 Network of healthcare Web sites seeks to comply with all principles of the Health On the Net (HON) Code of Conduct for medical and health web sites.
1. Authority: Any medical or health advice provided and hosted on this site will only be given by medically trained and qualified professionals unless a clear statement is made that a piece of advice offered is from a non-medically qualified individual or organization.
Medical advice on the Body1 Network is given and reviewed by trained medical professionals
2. Complementarity: The information provided on this site is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her existing physician.
Our sites are intended as a supplement to the relationship between a patient and doctor or nurse.
3. Confidentiality: Confidentiality of data relating to individual patients and visitors to a medical/health Web site, including their identity, is respected by this Web site. The Web site owners undertake to honor or exceed the legal requirements of medical/health information privacy that apply in the country and state where the Web site and mirror sites are located.
4. Attribution: Where appropriate, information contained on this site will be supported by clear references to source data and, where possible, have specific HTML links to that data. The date when a clinical page was last modified will be clearly displayed (e.g. at the bottom of the page).
We carefully attribute information from all sources other than the Body1 Network.
5. Justifiability: Any claims relating to the benefits/performance of a specific treatment, commercial product or service will be supported by appropriate, balanced evidence in the manner outlined above in Principle 4.
We at Body1 do not make claims as to the efficacy of certain treatments and we do not sell products.
6. Transparency of authorship: The designers of this Web site will seek to provide information in the clearest possible manner and provide contact addresses for visitors that seek further information or support. The Webmaster will display his/her E-mail address clearly throughout the Web site.
In all information on the Body1 Network we seek to give you additional links to further information and patient groups. Our webmaster's address is identified at the bottom of each page.
7. Transparency of sponsorship: Support for this Web site will be clearly identified, including the identities of commercial and non-commercial organisations that have contributed funding, services or material for the site.
Sponsors and their role in the strength of the Body1 Network are clearly identified as set out in our terms of service.
8. Honesty in advertising and editorial policy: If advertising is a source of funding it will be clearly stated. A brief description of the advertising policy adopted by the Web site owners will be displayed on the site. Advertising and other promotional material will be presented to viewers in a manner and context that facilitates differentiation between it and the original material created by the institution operating the site.
The Body1 Network does not accept advertising. Our sponsors are clearly identified in our terms of service.