< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Graston Technique for Frozen Shoulder
Created On: 02/18/2012 09:52 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

03/24/2012 04:52 PM

Author Icon
peacebestill

I have been two chiracprator appts. He performed Graston and Act on my shoulder. Now, I don't if it is coincindence, but my ROM in my Active Motion and Passive motion (physical therapy) have improved. I can reaCHER higher and stretch to get something out of a high cabinet, I can brush my hair in all the directions I need to fix my hair properly, I am now able to hook/unhook/zip, unzip bra's, skirts, etc. I can now put my 2 elbows togethor. Muscles are still tight and sore, but ROM is improving. This all seemed to happen AFTER I went to have the Graston and Act performed on me. The chiropractor said this would also make my physicall therapy more beneficial. My chiropractor is against MUA and against aggressive physical therapy. He states that physical therapist have tunnel vision when it comes to frozen shoulder. He states that what he is doing is working the soft tissues around the frozen shoulder. The procedure is alittle uncomfortable, but much less painful than physical therapy.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 03/01/2012 04:38 AM

Author Icon
clumsyone

love this idea!!!!
absolutely genious!
 02/27/2012 02:32 PM

Author Icon
peacebestill

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can relate !! I needed a good laugh. Thanks for the funny.
 02/27/2012 11:29 AM

Author Icon
radiator

Ha!!!! Sign me up.....with all that caffeine, we will never have to worry about sleeping. The support group part of it sounds wonderful and the time at the bar could bring joy and relief to all of us!! I can visualize all of this. Thanks for the fun thoughts. How/when can we make it happen?
 02/27/2012 10:18 AM

Author Icon
Fitzroy

This multitude of secondary industries developed to help us all get better while surreptitiously taking our money has gotten me thinking of possbile opportunities. I'm thinking of introducing the Fitzroy Technique. (Sounds flashy, yes?) It involves daily gatherings of FS sufferers within the confines of favorite coffee shops. There the patients order copious quantities of espresso and cappuccinos and lattes etc. With each sip they must use their effected arms and raise a toast to the rest of the crowd while uttering words of hope and words of slander against their PT/Doctor/ortho/tharapist. This should be done no fewer than 4 times a day and after 6 p.m. the meetings can be moved to bars and wine shops. Practioners will be trained to greet people and introduce them and generally keep the ball rolling while the newbies roil on the ground from raising their arms a bit too high in an attempt to show off.

02/23/2012 01:54 PM

Author Icon
Fitzroy

Thanks for the article. However, what I always find amusing is how the drawing or pictures of the patient show him with the their arms up and rotated back. That is a dream state for me.
 02/22/2012 03:13 PM

Author Icon
GrastonTechnique

Oops!

Almost forgot to post this link to the North American Journal of Sports Physical Therapy, NAJSPT, and what they think of Graston Technique used to treat Adhesive Capsulitis.

ADHESIVE CAPSULITIS: USE THE EVIDENCE
TO INTEGRATE YOUR INTERVENTIONS

02/22/2012 01:31 PM

Author Icon
GrastonTechnique

Hey all,

I wanted to share this video with you all about how Graston Technique can help improve range of motion, restore function and decrease or eliminate pain in patients suffereing from Adhesive Capsulitis (Frozen Shoulder).

Demonstration by GT Clinical Advisor Jackie Shakar, DPT MS OCS ATC LMT

Here is a case report on the subject
Adhesive Capsulitis Treatment Gets Results

If you would like to read more about Graston Technique and soft tissue injuries, check out our website, GrastonTechnique.com, our Facebook fan page, or our YouTube channel.

02/21/2012 11:06 AM

Author Icon
elizabethr

I tend to agree w/Fitzroy! In this country ASTYM seems to have been touted recently for other ailments - I would be interested to see any studies about its use for FS - because the main purpose seems to be to break up scar tissue, and that might be of real use to FS patients.

Do a search on this site for Graston - it comes up every few months.
 02/19/2012 12:40 PM

Author Icon
Fitzroy

My guess is it doesn't work. I have a general philosophy, built on nearly two years with bilateral FS and by reading people's experiences here, that if it cures you, you likely didn't have FS but some milder version of a shoulder ailmant. Plus I always have a serious doubt in any "system" that touts the training of more "clinicians" more than the system itself. Plus did you see the instruments? It looks like a site a Hannibal Lecter wannabee would be more interested in.

02/18/2012 09:52 PM

Author Icon
peacebestill

Hello all,

Has anyone tried the Graston Technique for your frozen shoulder? Did it help? Not Help? Was it a painful experience?

Have a great evening!

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 Shoulder News
Feature Story
Shoulder Technology
Real Life Recoveries
 Education Center
Conditions
Procedures
 Shoulder  Hero™
Dr. Evan Flatow:
Innovating Shoulder Surgery
About Heroes
 Community
Shoulder1 Forums
Patient Stories
Shoulder Journals
 Reference
Ask an Expert
FAQ's
Locate a Doctor
Reference Library
Anatomy
Video Library
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
©1999- 2014 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.